Running Crews with tablets

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by BLC1, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

What are you using for your routes?

2. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

It would be cool if Numbers synced with Quickbooks.

3. BLC1

BLC1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Does anybody know anything about the xoom?

Seems like it would do the trick. Don't need anything fancy, just something to access one website.

4. Southern Lawn Care  LLC

Southern Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

It's a free app, but you have to subscribe for a 30 day free trail and then after that's up you've got to decide weather or not it benefits you to pay the subscription or pay for a year. Personally I will pay it for a year and be done. I am very very pleased with it and its stupid easy to use.

I have my iPad set up on 4G data plan with AT&T. I've been a customer of theirs sense 1997 with my personal phones. I set this iPad up on its very own plan as a business right off and it's so much easier to not have to figure out what's what compared to data. I have my business number and company number on my iPhone as the same. Reason being is because I have a older plan that is unlimited everything and its no longer offered so its cheaper to keep it that way.

The iPad is the only tablet I would have. I have never had one single issue with any of my Apple products. I have direction at all times to my customers or to a bid walk or something if i need it. I'm constantly on my phone and only average around 2 gigs of data a month. So I got a 3gig data plan for iPad. Should be plenty.

What are some of the ways you guys use tablets or iPads and what apps do you utilize the most. I like being able to use QB from the computer also.

5. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

Got galaxie tab 2s and use clip to record work, download to my computer each night and then upload the routes...

6. TriCityLawnCareLLC

TriCityLawnCareLLC LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ohio

We created a simple yet effective spreadsheet. Ill attach a photo tomorroe
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. BROWNS LAWN CARE

BROWNS LAWN CARE LawnSite Senior Member

8. Southern Lawn Care  LLC

Southern Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

I as well wouldn't mind seeing that. Thank you.

I also just noticed that I quoted myself an not whom I had clicked so I thought. That's what I get for not double checking that.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. TriCityLawnCareLLC

TriCityLawnCareLLC LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ohio

[​IMG]

This is an old master copy. The idea is that we Insert our weekly mowing routes and just have the program automatically schedule the route every week on the same day for the while season. Then as appointments come in it jobs we plug them into a time slot. Once a job is complete we simply check the box. We can make notes if needed. It works well for us. When my office manager is back in ill snag some more screen shots if an old week from 2012.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. BROWNS LAWN CARE

BROWNS LAWN CARE LawnSite Senior Member