1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Running Doubles On Toro's WB and Z-Master

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WigginsLandscaping, Oct 15, 2004.

1. WigginsLandscaping

WigginsLandscaping LawnSite Member

Do any of you guys run doubles on your Toro's. I have a 52" WB and a Z-Master 44" as well as a 36" and a 37" WB. I think this time of year would be a good time to use crunching leaves and such. If you have run doubles are they worth it on a TORO and how do you go about mounting the second set? I have looked around and haven't seen any documentation on these with Toro's. Of Course the dealer was against it but let me know your opinions.
  2. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I run doubles on my current Toro 36" fixed deck. I also use to run doubles on my 48" fixed deck. All you have to do is remove a spacer and replace it with the second blade place them in a + position and tighten the nut.

3. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 52 Toro classic I use either Toro atomic blades or

Gators, singles. To get more leaf chopping action, I turn the 4 bolts that hold the chute so the nuts are under the deck, also put bolts in other holes in the deck. This seems to help

I don'tlike doubles with electric clutch. Ed