1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Running in Circles

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Ground Effects NH, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Ground Effects NH

Ground Effects NH LawnSite Senior Member

I have a TTHP 17/52" 2001
    Some days the machine will pull to the right at a speed higher then 4, But only after it has been running for some time. Now I Can stop machine and play with the speed , with thumb locks on and then it will run fine! (sometimes) even at high speeds. It only seems to happen when hydro oil is hot, some days runs great all day long. Hydro oil and filter have- maybe 250 hrs. Hydro oil is up to level and I have noticed hydro oil mist from hydro tank cap at the same time it started pulling to the right. Any and all help would be Great and thanks for your time!!! Bill
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

If I had to guess it probably also pulls to the right when going up hills? The first thing I would do is remove the pump drive idler arm. This is the idler arm that tensions the hydro pump drive belt. If I had to guess I'd say the pump belt is slipping due to some rust, dirt, debris etc. in the idler pivot. Chances are if I'm right you'll need a new pump drive belt as well.