1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Running out of manifold outlets in valve box

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by mugentuner, Feb 24, 2005.

1. mugentuner

mugentuner LawnSite Member

Hi guys, new Here. :cool:

I have three working zones at the moment and a manifold that has outlets for four (4) Valves. I have three (3) working valves (zones) at the moment and one spare outlet from manifold capped off that can accomodate 1 more zone. The problem is that I need to add possibly four (4) more zones in the near future and there is no more space in the valve box for manifold expansion. My electrical timer wires are also pulled to this valve box and the unused wiring is taped off at the current time. How do I go about expanding my system to accomodate these new zones for piping, wiring, valves with my current situation with manifold outlet shortage? Also, there is no more space available in Valve box to add additional manifold segments. Any quick help would really be appreciated. Thanks
  2. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

Simple , attach a pipe to the extra fitting , build a new manifold , buy another valve box .
  3. mugentuner

mugentuner LawnSite Member

I figured it would have been that easy. Also, what do I do with my current wiring at my current valve box? The wiring is only long enough to reach to the current valve Box. Do I in turn crimp and grease cap those connections and simply just run the elongated wiring to the new valve box as well? I thank you for your help thus far.

4. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

As long as you have unused wires , yup
  5. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

Easy way to do this is to call someone who installs or services irrigation. Not trying to be a jerk, but if your having trouble with it at this stage, your in probably not up for the job.IMO
  6. Tonka Turf

Tonka Turf LawnSite Member

I agree with GrazerZ. This is a very simple add on and if you are unsure this early on you need someone who knows what they are doing.