Running Out Of Room!!!!!

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by 4 Seasons, Feb 9, 2007.

1. 4 Seasons

4 Seasons LawnSite Member

Man, I need to get a bigger piece of property so I can build a real shop. As of right now my office is in my home and my garage is solely dedicated for equipment and thats where I work on it too!! I live in the city so my lot isn't big enough to build a shop on. It's kinda frustrating!! Everyone thats been at this for a while knows that your equipment/tool list just keeps growing. I'm have no more room for stuff yet still want and or need more. Anyone else having this same problem?

2. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Yeah! I have 3 commercial trucks in a mud pit I call my backyard. I need a shop but I ain't gonna pay rent. Trying to get my house paid for and get some serious acreage in a few years.

3. 4 Seasons

4 Seasons LawnSite Member

I'm with ya there. I'm hoping within a year I can sell my house and move out of the city.

4. Lawnworks

from usa

Yeah I want to get out in the country a bit too, I might I have to have a shop in town though. It seems you gotta go out of town a bit to get a decent price on some acreage.

5. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Good luck! Well around here anyway, land cost a fortune. I have been renting shops for the past 4 years. Still it always seems like we out grow them.

6. Lawnworks

from usa

How much is property up there? You don't feel like you are throwing away money w/ rent?

7. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

Your rental costs should be a write-off at the end of the year. That should help to make you feel better about 'throwing away' your money.

8. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

I write off rent as a business expense, but yes I do feel like I am throwing the money away. I have been on the hunt for land, but everything that would suite us tends to be in the $900k+ range. Not saying it wouln't happen in the near future, but right now thats a BIG nut to carry.

9. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I plan on building a bigger and much needed garage this year. I have enough land to put a nice sized garage on it and hopefully it will be done this summer.

10. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

Yup. I live in a double wide (hate it) in a trailer park with five kids a video production business and the landscaping. My office is in the living room right at the front door with my video editing gear, and my truck, tractor and mowers are in the yard.

I need a new truck, property, shop and a new huge house.

I really need to grow this business over night.

Tim