running prolong in my mowers now

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by milo, Apr 9, 2008.

1. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

now i put prolong in my mowers i have a older cougar a 2001 and it tells u the miles per gallon you get, since i put in that car it went from 17.4 to 18.8. i was getting 17.4 for like 2 years with the car but once i added prolong since then about a year now i get 18.8mpg and since gas is so much money i use it in my mowers now. only been 2 weeks so hard to tell yet but will update if better on gas.

2. mlyons1

mlyons1 LawnSite Member

i have never heard of prolong what is it?

3. milo

a oil additive go to prolong.com

4. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

5. milo

nope its prolong. my driving is the same and over like 3 to 4 years to back that says something..
    also prolong is the only oil additive that is patented.

6. milo

hey also, none of that shows or says it dont increase gas mileage... next i tried to see how slick this was to other oils and it is way slicker and does reduce friction and thats why you get bettwer gas mileage.
    next, if anyone beleaves any engine with no oil in will run for more than a minute or 2 is nuts. no engine will, thats why they got this info on them..
    also i have a truck that has a bearing knock when first start with just oil for like 10 seconds. when i have prolong in it dont knock.

7. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

Well I wont argue with you.

Some people wont do any research they just get blinded by the shiny keys.

I gave you some good links to read, if you can, that states the lies that company told and the crap that is in that oil. If you really want to waste your money go ahead, I wont argue with you anymore about it.

8. milo

well just so people know,
    my auto tech teacher ripped apart 2 same cars with like 85000 miles on both. one with regular oil and other synthetic oil for life of cars. he checked everything and has said both engines had the same exact wear. nither better than other. both fleet cars. some people only run synthetic cause they say its better. i think its nt better unless and this is proven look it up, in my soprt bikes i only run motul 300v full synthetic oil because it reduces friction so much you gain like 1hp but the stuff is 13.00 a quart magazine sportrider did a tests and horsepower only motul and maxima oil gained 1+hp all other oil (same bike) was-1hp but them 2 oils and they tested like 11 oils

9. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Snake oil. I too believe if anything these products do more damage in the end than good. Run straight oil, change often and you'll be fine.there are alot of these products out there that make these claims with no real basis in fact other than tests funded by themselves.

10. milo