1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

rural king 5 fescue blend

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by teejet, Oct 15, 2009.

1. teejet

teejet LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Has anyone on here used it? It is around $50.00 per bag, which is a good price IMO.

Tall fescue %
    Veranda 34
    Aristotle 16
    Lindbergh 16
    Lexington 16
    Bragg 16

weed seed .01

I know the Aristotle is a good one, but can't find any info on the others, in the mix.

I have been using Green Alliance TTTF, @ $75 per bag.
  2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

that all seems really high priced, now as of last year and the year before not so much, but our prices dropped to 35 a bag for a premeium fescue blend. why called rural king, sounds like rough looking grass to me/tough for country lawns. not fine manicured turf. that is going by the name as i have no idea. curious!
  3. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

I havent bought any this year...but good quality TURF TYPE has always been around 90-100 per bag......
  4. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

wow, you guys are getting rippped off bigtime, unless you are not buying wholesale. we use some of the best fescue available. 5 star from bwi is fantastic and is comprised of the top five university performers and Defiance fescue blend is rizome rich and heals itself like a bluegrass. not crappy grass if that is what you were getting at. we do buy in bulk though wholesale. we resell it for the price you are mentioning
  5. ksJoe

ksJoe LawnSite Senior Member

Lesco transition blend (007330) TTTF is $1/lb. Its a blend of 3 types, which are highly rated by university studies in my area.
  6. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

7. Pistol

Pistol LawnSite Member

Lesco Trigold/Transition dropped in price from spring to fall from approx. $70/50# to $40/50# - said due to oversupply in market. I wonder if Rebel @ lowes or Home Depot dropped their prices from $95/50# bag? I don't think so!
  8. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

Not here in NJ you cant touch a quality Fescue for less than $75 KBG $159
  9. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

Yea, why is that?
  10. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I pay Large for KGB here too. Its top quality product.