Russo Lawn Equipment?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bmrdude, Feb 13, 2003.

1. bmrdude

bmrdude LawnSite Member

Has anyone dealt with Russo Lawn/Tools in the Chicago area? If so, how was your experience with them?

2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I used them as a price comparative a few years ago. They were very good at dealing with me even though I did not buy from them. They actually gave me a quote on a mower and I used this as a lever to have the dealer up here shave 600.00 off the cost of a mower.
    That is the extent of my experience but I have heard good things about them. I am sure some of the Chicago guys could help you out further. Good luck

3. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

Russo!!! If they could only be cloned at dozens, or hundreds of places across the country. One place for almost everything you need for the green industry. Any machine you can think of, and most any hand tool, and parts right there in stock for many machines.

If you go there, be sure to have a list in hand. Sales person meets you at the door, and goes with you through the whole store, helping you to buy a hand weed puller or a ZTR, and everything or anything in between. Then he puts your order together, and takes it all out and helps you load it.

And of course, because of volume, pricing is unbelievable. Russo was just an old hardware store, think that store is still there. They just got going into supplying equipment for the industry, and had to move into a much larger building just for that. If you're making your first visit to Russo's, and want to keep from spending, better just drive the wife's car - it won't hold very much, LOL.

4. Great company and very helpful, we buy all our trimmers there now, just call and a very helpful staff takes care of it and ships it here. Only company that has sent me hats and t-shirts at christmas and throughout the year.

5. hoyboy

hoyboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Chicago

I've dealt with Russo's for years now. They hands down beat any competition out there. On occasion, I'll find someone that MATCHES their price on a FEW items, but they NEVER beat their prices. It's truly the one place I can walk into and buy something fealing comfortable knowing I'm getting the best price...I don't need to shop anymore. Believe me, I've shopped the internet, the "competition" and every mail order out there. None of them come close.

It's truly unreal how they can get their prices like that. When I tell a calling vendor that Russo has such and such for this price, they just say "Oh, Russo's...ok, sorry...' and I never hear from them again. One vendor told me that Russo is selling at prices cheaper than his own COST! Tony (Russo) told me his vendors won't let him advertise his prices, only via their direct mail pieces. Check out their website....it's pathetic. No prices anywhere.

Hat's and T Shirts? They've been sending me wine at Christmas. I don't drink, so I give it to the guys.

Dan Norton
    Hoy Landscaping, Inc.

6. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Russo was one of my secrets I was holding back from all y'all lawnsiters.

Very competitive prices and great service, I used the "800" phone ordering method.

7. bam

bam LawnSite Senior Member
    from .

Russo's.

Very good source. Just received their flyers for this year. Need to replace many velkes due to abuse and lack of maintenance and their list price is $60 cheaper than my local vendors who already gave me a 10-15% discount based on the amount I need. Even with shipping charges, it'll be cheaper from Russo's. Last year I placed my fall blade order with them and had the freight shipment within 3 days.

8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Website for Russo's?

Where are they located?

9. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator