Rust prevention

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Drew Gemma, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

I live and work in the rust belt. What are your thoughts on using undercoatings professionally installed or using a electronic rust eliminator box. Do they work. Also if your vehicle has a little rust already on it which is better.

2. Mr Priceless

Mr Priceless LawnSite Senior Member

Since Dano50 isn't online, I'll go ahead and say it. Fluid Film is a VERY effective rust preventative/lubricant and can be used on virtually ANY movable metal part you can imagine, and more.

you might want to try a free sample of the stuff. Definately worth your time.

3. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah fluid film works great

4. DodgeRam1985

DodgeRam1985 LawnSite Member

A professionlly installed undercoat works great. I had one of my trucks sprayed completely with an off brand of Rhino-lining. One problem, make sure they don't spray everything, because it can become a PITA. Case and point, after I had it done, I had to pick it off the oil drain plug to get the thing out. Good Luck!

5. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Fluid film is about the only thing that is going to prevent rust or any kind of oil that repels water. Any type of undercoating traps water bettween it and the steel and rusts it.

Its hard to prevent orange cancer once your vehical gets it good luck on getting rid of it. I live in the rust belt too living on the West Coast the salt air from the ocean etc rusts vehicals all year round.

6. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

Aww, you guys are great!!! Thanks for the plug.

7. Drew Gemma

I am not gonna spray my whole truck every so often with fluid film just curious if anyone used other normal methods

8. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

por 15... u can get it in a lot of colors.. you cant get the stuff off....

9. Drew Gemma

what is por 15

10. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

http://www.por15.com/

i do everything with it, our non stainless sanders, frames, dump and rack bodies, etc... this stuff in unbelivable, but word to the wise do not get it on your skin one of my guys had it on his hands for about 3 weeks and NOTHING takes it off. says right on it only time will get it off your skin, lol..