Rust???

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by 31bro, Oct 19, 2005.

1. 31bro

31bro LawnSite Member
    from IN

I am new to this business and I was wondering how to get rid of rust in your yard?? Thanks for the replys.

2. ninrocket

ninrocket LawnSite Member

WD-40 works pretty good.....:drinkup:

I would go ahead and put down a fungicide. Water it in.

You may want to apply fertilizer at the same time if your sure it is rust.

Fungus is caused by poor maintenance, watering too much, watering too late in the day.

Water in the early a.m. and make sure you have your soil tested to find out where it stands.

Good soil ph and ammendments plus the right amount of water will eliminate most fungus problems without the need for fungicides.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

No need for fungicide. Feed it. A little bit of nitrogen will grow the rust right out oof it. This is VERY common around this time of year. It is also very common on first year lawns.

4. 31bro

31bro LawnSite Member
    from IN

This is a new lawn. I didn't know if the rust was coming from the clay dirt on top since there was a lot of scraping that went on in the yard and it need lime for the ph or what. Just a rookie so I am not sure. It is only in the spots that there is not as much top soil.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Like I say...don't sweat it too much. It is really not uncommon with first year grasses. Though sort of a nuisance, it is harmless and will grow out with the right amount of nitrogen.