Rust ?????

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Quail Creek LC, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Quail Creek LC

Quail Creek LC LawnSite Member
    from IOWA

I just treated a few lawns last week before a big rain. I put down a 25-5-15 with 2% Iron and 50% scu. Now I just noticed that I'm getting some rust this week. Is this due to the Iron in the fert or other factors. I know rust is not that big of a deal, but if I can avoid it that would be great. Thanks for any and all help.

2. Quail Creek LC

from IOWA

Anyone!!!!!

3. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

It's not unusual for rust to pop it's head up in late summer . overcast weather, high humidity, heavy dew's, are ripe conditions.Also Alot of rain followed by sunny, warm weather favor development. The worst cases usually are caused from low nitrogen , dry days and heavy dews .Just keep the turf growing, providing it with optimal levels of fertilizer and the proper cultural methods.In many cases, a change in the weather pattern will cause rust to disappear.

4. Quail Creek LC

from IOWA

Thanks for the response. I havnt had an outbreak of rust since I've been doing apps and it got me a little nervous. What you described is exactly how it was here last week. Thanks