rutting with jungle wheels?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Apr 18, 2006.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

anyone ever have a problem with rutting from jungle wheels? or, the grass in the wheel path seemingly "laying down" and never recovering? i'm not talking about damage from the platform itself tearing up high spots, i'm talking about damage from the wheels. thank you
  2. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

i had a heavy mower that did this, the grass would just lie down and never come back up
  3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

i don't have jungle wheels...but im sure it depends on grass strength and weight of the operator
  4. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. LawnSite Senior Member

maybe you should cut in a different direction every other week!!!
  5. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

he's right, and if your mowers leave nice stripes, then your client will have a different pattern on his lawn every week.:dancing:
  6. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Bobby, it's a sign that you've had one too many beers in that big ol beer belly! :hammerhead:
  7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I swear, the only tires that ever leave ruts are my powered wheels, I ride a 1-wheel velke and unless the yard is VERY muddy ... Oh by the way, you're supposed to get off the velke in those situations and walk the Wb, hehe
  8. Jacob's Yardworks LLC

Jacob's Yardworks LLC LawnSite Member

I got them and I dont have any problems with them.
  9. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

are you a porker? cause if your not, I can't help ya. I have used Jungle Wheels since 01' and have not experienced that problem....

Have you tried a tuna only diet? Just curious.....:drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: can you say tonnage?
    I hope they get the instant email notification fixed, i'd like to follow up this thread...but i will not search for it...much too tired after running the route.
  10. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

scuse me ken, a few extra pounds, maybe. "porker", i don't think so. in fact, within 3-4 weeks, at the rate i'm going, i intend to lose the few extra lbs i gained, and resume my greek god like status. but, as far as the wasn't only me, i noticed it on the lawns my help cuts also, and he's 90 lbs with a pocket full of change. hmmm, could it have been the dry conditions of 2005 causing the turf damage leaving "lines" in the wheel path? time will tell