RV antifreeze + PG tires

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by americanlawn, Oct 10, 2007.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

They come with one gallon of RV antifreeze per tire, but we prefer two gallons per tire. Seems the traction is not very good on hills, etc with only one gallon in each tire. So we put in two gallons per tire.

rscvp, thanks:usflag:
  2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Ok --but how much air pressure? And how do you check it with out getting squirted by antifreeze?
  3. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I also put 2 gallons in the tires, then run about 15lb of pressure. when you check the pressure make sure the valve stem is at the top of the wheel and less antifreeze will come out.
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yep...the stem ALWAYS has to be at the top! lol I can sure see how 2 gallons would certainly help. It would completely eliminate that spin that can sometimes happen on sharp turn (especially on take offs). I have gotten to the point that i am conscientious about this, and find myself trying to be careful on turns, there is almost a "frequency" that you have to be in so the weight distribution is all right. With an additional gallon of liquid in the tires, this would certainly resolve alot of this issue, I presume.