RWF, Inc.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by tthomass, Aug 27, 2007.

1. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Can I cut your grass? Truck isn't done yet, but close.

Picture 123.jpg

Picture 122.jpg

2. old oak lawn

old oak lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good, how long is the box? I take it that you will be sending a mowing crew out while you do hard scape. Bought the mowers yet?

3. tthomass

from N. VA

14' box. Yes, I've got two wb's and a 50" ztr. Yup, I'm not mowing.

4. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

Hardscapers going back to thier roots. I'm pushing hardcore for lawncare this year as well. Good luck TT!

5. tthomass

from N. VA

I'm doing it strictly out of opportunity, not necessity. Simple thing to do, my overhead is carried through construction and anything this brings in is just extra. Plus, I think that truck will get a little bit of attention and put my brand in front of people a lot. Aside from mowing when in high school, I interned at TruGreen while I was at VT. That's pretty much my mowing background and I swore I'd never get into it but the opportunity is there, may as well take it.

6. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

You will feel diffrent about it very soon. Don't worry. Its not all cake.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

No it's not! I swore myself as Tthomas that I'd never do maintenance again, but it's a great way to advertise and get a residual income as well while getting the more fun jobs.

8. tthomass

from N. VA

Actually, not bad. Bit of a pain setting up in the beginning (spring/now) but after a few cuts its running itself. Mow the route, send the bill and make sure to address any necessary concerns. Last year ran smoothly. You win some and you WILL lose some but its how it goes and nothing to lose sleep over. Some customers are great, some are a pain. Keep the great ones. Like I said, I'm not relying on it vs putting my brand in front of people and bringing in a little extra jingle.

9. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

dang they even did the door jams on t he truck!!!! big spender!

10. tthomass

from N. VA

If you're going to do it, do it " ".............just got my "shiny things" for the wheels, as another contractor I know calls them. I'll have the truck back at Easter, finished.