RWF, Inc.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by tthomass, Aug 27, 2007.

1. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Used to be a window to the basement that was under wooded steps. Home owner patched it himself and is actually a structural engineer. What sold the job was the detail of how I would construct and reasons behind my procedures. I noticed he was following everything I was saying (vs the usual "huh???") and didn't find out his job until after.

2. tthomass

from N. VA

Yes I am! Whenever a jet (fighter) flies over I HATE my life. Dream was to fly F-16's but I didn't go into the Airforce due to the unlikely odds of getting in a fighter. My uncle flew C130's in Vietnam but I wouldn't be happy unless I was in a fighter. I'd like to one day get my pilots license but I'll have to make my way up to something a lot hotter than a Cessna to be happy. I flew, and getting back into it, RC planes all through school. Racing is the closest "rush" I can get for now I guess.

3. joes169

joes169 LawnSite Member
    from WI

Kind of what I figured. As a mason, thing like that always catch my eye, and make me wonder "WTF were they thinking putting a window under a patio door". Putting them under contilevered chimneys is another favorite of mine....... :laugh:

Keep up the good work.

4. tthomass

from N. VA

Current project. We're coming in behind a GC that royally screwed up. Installed the pool and used mud for fill.......to add to it, did not even compact the mud. GC's mason comes in and builds patio around pool (which was complete crap) and a few months later settles eighteen inches (18"). Pool manufacturer sent a crew in to redo the pool and now we're working for the homeowner to finally bring this to an end.

850sf flagstone patio and site grading.

44733_928251704043_6236460_49413187_5478608_n.jpg

5. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

Did you install the coping ?

6. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

airshow in martinsburg this weekend

7. tthomass

from N. VA

Yes, we did the coping.

Martinsburg..........hmmmmm I've seen the Blue Angels but never the Thunder Chickens. I almost saw them in Ocean City last summer but bad weather moved in and changed that. Thanks for making me hate my job.......I want a F16.

8. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

http://www.military-heat.com/27/military-jets-sale-civilian-market/

while no f-16's any of those plane on the list would raise some eyebrows upon landing. BWT you can have your f-16 gimme an a-10 thunderbolt....slow, low, down and dirty, short field take off, unimproved runways.....

but the mig 25, or su27, or f-5b would be fun...

9. wurkn with amish

wurkn with amish LawnSite Senior Member

why did you do the pies on the coping? looks kinda silly.....

10. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

With no disrespect TThomass, I have to agree with Amish. I was lookin at those skinny pie slices thinking "huh?". They do not look good at all, 'ol buddy.

You may wanna take a good look at those. Pop them up. Miter and reset bigger pieces. It will make your portfolio (photo book and website) look better. And when the client sees you takin the time to re-do it - they're gonna respect you like you would not believe. Mark my words.

The other week we re-did some of our work at a job we're workin on. That night I had an e-mail from the client thanking me and stating how impressed they are.

We went to VA Beach for the airshow last oct. Low ceiling. The good stuff couldn't do their thing. This years is in Sept.