RWF, Inc.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by tthomass, Aug 27, 2007.

1. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Jernigan's (the land clearing company) started out as a successful landscaper. Doing alotta pavers and retaining walls. He eventually got into excavating and not too long ago started this land clearing speciality.

He no longer has anything to do with landscapes and hardscapes. Smart man!

2. DVS Hardscaper

What really caught my eye were the BRAND new dump trucks they had parked on the ouside of the fence (by the C-5). Haden't even been used yet. Sweet lookin trucks! Gotta love the government's spending!

3. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

I didn't see the trucks but I didn't go close by the first C-5. Wondered if you were there but cell phones wouldn't work.

4. DVS Hardscaper

My AT&T cell phone worked fine! I was wondering if you were there, but figured you'd call!

5. tthomass

from N. VA

Verizon, Alltel and Sprint.......we had full service but issues connecting. Likely jammed.

6. DVS Hardscaper

The C-5 is quite an animal. We live about 20 miles (as a crow flies) from the airport. My property is right inline with one of the paths they use for landing those monsters. I live on the ridge of the mountain, and behind us is a higher peak. You'll hear that thing comin over the mountain about 2 minutes before it comes into view. Then, slow and steady she comes across the top, just barely clearing the tree tops! I've been here for 7 years and I still get excited everytime! I can never get any pictures because of the trees. I love the sound when it flies over, a nice steady, smooth sound, reversing the engines as they clear my one neighbor's roof top. At night time with the runway lights on it looks like a UFO. Incredible!

The dark clouds made for some pretty wicked photograghy........

C-5.jpg

IMG_1292.JPG

7. tthomass

from N. VA

Newest addition. Believe it or not, it's an '03 with only 246hrs......looks new. Got to love homeowners.

002.jpg

003.jpg

8. tthomass

from N. VA

Go Hokies!! Another C-5 flying over during the tailgate. Took 1.5hrs to get out of the parking lot.....others sat in traffic, we grilled again. Pic of the fireplace we did back in the spring.

014.jpg

007.jpg

017.jpg

016.jpg

019.jpg

9. DeereHauler

DeereHauler LawnSite Senior Member

they also had a large display at Ag Progress Days in State College, PA on the Penn State Ag campus. They brought some big equipment to the show, very impressive.

10. tthomass

from N. VA

Current project. A bit of a change from the past.

SAM_0658.jpg

SAM_0645.jpg

SAM_0665.jpg