RWF, Inc.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by tthomass, Aug 27, 2007.

1. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

Just curious, what color Blu are you using. We are having issues picking between 2 to go with some brown/grey/rust/greenish fieldstone collumns.

2. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

that's cause I discovered the savings :walking:

seek and you shall find............

As far as stink bugs, I cleaned the chimney a week ago, and I bet I removed 500 of those things from the clean out at the bottom....alive. People are gonna have clogged oven vents, plumbing vents, dryer vents, anywhere there is an opening.......

3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

How big of difference is there? What do they gate you guys for a day rental on a mini-x ?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. DVS Hardscaper

Forums are about Networking.

Networking can be beneficial. From wisdom, to meeting and knowin great people, to landing new contracts, to finding out about opportunities to save money :)

As far as the savings, I haven't used the other company since June 2009, so it wouldn't be fair for me to state the savings, as I'm not up on the other company's pricing.

Delivery to and fro is less. And ON TIME.

We rent excavators the most. 10,000# machine with a breaker for is about $100 - $150 less per day.

One of my guys got the skid loader hung up over the side of a 10-foot cliff. They brought an excavator out to recover the skid loader. In morning rush hour DC traffic. Only charged the delivery fee, and the driver lent a hand.

We had a remote control compactor for a month......was only charged for 2 weeks or somethin like that. Everything is open for negotiation. They're playin the slow economy game and they're not ashamed to make it known.

Smaller company (3 or 4 locations) with less managers and sales reps on the payroll.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  5. P.Services

Yeah I'm all far helping small companies out. I will gladly put up with a few problems here and there before I go to a big national company for anything. What does the excavator and a bucket cost? I've been renting my 10k machine out for 400 a day pretty regularly, heck its paid for the next 2 years allready in just a few months.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. DVS Hardscaper

$190 / day (On a daily rate, weekly rate is even better) for a 10,000# excavator with bucket. Delivery is an additional $80 to and fro.

I'm the same with with truck tire purchases. Skid steer tire purchases. And with gas and diesel purchasing. I find the deals. And I do all I can to use the mom and pop businesses. Even though I may work 120 hrs a week and spend 1/2 the day on the phone with business calls - I'm still a small business owner.

7. WGrnd21

WGrnd21 LawnSite Member
    from NC

i wish sunbelt had better delivery fees.

8. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Champlain Grey

I pay $148.50 per day for a mini. A week would be $520......based upon my receipt. I usually never have it more than one day and it's all Bobcat work after that.

I don't know if you're thinking of United but RU only has 5 locations = not national.

Old point, I'll bring it back up. Back during the blizzard I twice had issues with my truck and twice they took care of it for me at no charge. I was able to stay on the clock and keep moving//plowing/making $$$.

I called your boys on a budget tight job for a week rental on a mid size in late winter. They didn't want to do much on the price and were higher. RU delivered the machine and we used it 4 of the 5 days we needed it. Day #5 we got hit with the big snow storm/blizzard. It then rained and the site was a mess + freeze thaw. They picked up the machine (25 miles one way) and later returned it, when I needed it, with no additional charges. If I have a job I'm starting Monday and want to pick up a machine I may be needing on Saturday, I can and accrue no charges. Anything that can be put into the bed of a F150 or towed behind a F150 is always free delivery. I once called at 6:30am on a Saturday (they open at 7:30am on Saturday), they answered the phone, loaded a skidsteer + attachments and had it on my job by 8:30am. I had just gotten the contract the night before. Me or my right hand man can walk through the shop and every person from mechanic to manager to guy sweeping the floor knows us on a first name basis and is very familiar with the company. Call, I'll bet you the phone will not ring more than once. Never once have I not had an issue quickly/easily resolved, their staff knows us personally and customer service is second to no other company I have EVER dealt with.

That, is why I use RU.:drinkup:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  9. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

And delivery is $70 :cool2:

10. P.Services

I believe he just stifled your bugle DVS
    Posted via Mobile Device