1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

RWF, Inc.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by tthomass, Aug 27, 2007.

1. barney14

barney14 LawnSite Member

2. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

This was fun. We seem to be getting into more diverse and larger scale jobs, a path I'd like to keep us tracking on. We do a lot of smaller jobs too so this is more the exception vs the rule.

SAM_0747.jpg

SAM_0748.jpg

SAM_0750.jpg

SAM_0752.jpg

SAM_0781.jpg

3. Graveslawncare

Graveslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

That's an incredible project, man. Great job. Looks like an awesome addition to what looks like was already a bajillion dollar house lol

4. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

Dude you never cease to amaze me... the bottom steps aren't level...:)

once I get my new house I know who I'm calling...

Also gimme a call

I have a chalet block wall at my house that looks like its creeping on me. may need some help to get it back in place so the home inspector doesn't take me to task...

5. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Looks really really nice! Good score!

Now you know this would not be an Official post from me if there wasn't a "but" in it :)

But, the string course border of pavers should have been mitered with the radius / curve. I'm seeing not so attractive gaps between string course of pavers.

And this past spring I tried to hook you up with a BRAND SPANKING NEW paver saw for 1/3 of the cost. And "no we don't do paver work....." :)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  6. tthomass

from N. VA

The border is irregular in shape. Not just a beaten edge but some of the ends are even tapered. Cutting the paver eliminates the irregularity of it. The border is to simulate a rough/broken edge vs the cleaner/more formal Techo Blu. On another note, I would have done a double border next time but was unsure given the look and irregularity of what we used.

To date, 3rd paver job + repair jobs. I'm going to push it more as I now have someone that has done pavers for 15 years.

7. Twitchy

Twitchy LawnSite Senior Member

Looks great thomas... what paver did you use for the border? The Villagio... What happen to lower step on the house? Its got fresh joints... did someone hit it w the skid??? tell the truth thomas. LOL

8. tthomass

from N. VA

I couldn't remember the name but yes, Villagio.

Yup, I rebuilt that corner. I was running the roller and got too close. Everybody loves it when the boss messes up something! The reality is the whole stoop needs a complete redo. I was able to crush the existing mortar with my hands (too much sand).

Thanks for the comments.

9. tthomass

from N. VA

Current job. Small flagstone/brick patio and stone steps exiting home w/ iron railing. An irregular flagstone walkway will be dry set going around to the front of the house.

SAM_0789.jpg

10. Graveslawncare

Graveslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

You referred to the stone you used in the driveway as "pavers." Are they the right aspect ratio to be considered pavers? It seems like they would be slabs, unless they are extremely thick. Correct me if I'm wrong, but slabs are generally not encouraged for use in vehicular applications because they distribute weight and interlock differently. You have a lot more experience and knowledge in this area than I do, and I'm sure you have accounted for this, I'm just bringing it up out of curiosity. It looks so good though. Can't wait for jobs like that to come my way :)