RWF, Inc.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by tthomass, Aug 27, 2007.

1. srl28

srl28 LawnSite Bronze Member

The books been ordered last week actually after reading the latest on Jarods thread. Always into learning more. Better to know a little about a lot, than alot about a little.

How did you find your marketing company?

2. srl28

To add to what you had said before- I think alot of us here are good at working with our hands, probably the reason most of us got into this industry. However some of us have a good business sense, an ambition and goals to instil into their business to take it to level after level of success. The problem alot of the time is that we get stuck in the day to day operations of the business and dont see the forest through the trees. Stepping back to do advertising, running charts and numbers on our businesses, making our money and investments work by themselves and for us, is not something we always get to do each day or as needed. Its the succesful ones who realize a landscaping company is more than pavers, or cutting grass, or fertilizing lawns, its still a company, a business and needs to be run like one.

3. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

I found my marketing company through my bank. The owner, female, is part of a women's business network. It's also how I got in touch with my accountant.

To become a business vs someone self employed you have to remove yourself from the field to some degree. You get to the point where you're doing too much and you're (me) the one holding back the company. Let it go. Let your guys do what you have taught them and also what you pay them to do. This doesn't mean you never dig a hole again or run a machine etc but you've got to have some time to run the business.

4. srl28

Couldnt agree more, I'm the same way with alot of that at this point. I appreciate your info and the answers to my questions. Are you still having people distribute your fliers/postcards or doing direct mail type things.

5. RPM90

RPM90 LawnSite Member
    from Philly

read through your thread, you have an awesome set up and have some great goals. How many years have you been in business? Also how old are you? Im only 19 have 4 employees and two trucks just wanted to see where you were at cut back with you day to day work with your guys. Also what do u just buy an older box truck and just throw one of those dovetails on it? I would like to do that or an open dovetail.

6. tthomass

from N. VA

Direct mail is targeted vs saturation and people don't like crap in their doors/mailboxes.

Thanks, I'll be 27 next month and will be 5yrs full time on Mother's Day. I buy good used trucks and add the dovetail. My personal truck is the only new vehicle I've had and it's already pushing 85k miles.

7. srl28

So your saying direct mail?

Ha 85k on your personal truck? Crazy how that happens isnt it, bought a new to me personal truck used with 40k on it about a year and a half ago and I've got 87k on it now!!!

8. tthomass

from N. VA

I'm saying hire a professional. Direct mail is a small small part. Direct mail is like saying go buy a red truck. Well, what kind of red truck? Direct mail itself has to be defined or you're wasting money.

9. srl28

Understood, wasnt sure what you meant exactly. I think with any marketing its not just a one step process.

10. MexicanAmerican1

MexicanAmerican1 LawnSite Member

Will you recomen your professional? Sound like you have good experiense.