RWF, Inc.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by tthomass, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Krafty

Krafty LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from St. Louis MO

That just made my night, I am going to have to steal that line from you!! Shop looks good!!

2. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L LawnSite Member

must be nice, i would love to find some deals that would enable me to set up a roll off for 20,000!

3. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

No your eyes are not bad, the rebar is on the bottom but we have this trick where we go over and pull it up with our hands. This was the end of the first truck load and I should have pulled it up before taking the picture, I apologize :)

No, no poly. My parents basement is 40yrs old without poly and no issues with no sump. Concrete pour was moved forward 4 days and the decision was made to proceed. I have zero concerns but thanks.

4. tthomass

from N. VA

First guy that taught me masonry had a good one. If someone was holding a shovel he would go over and kick it into the ground and tell them "there, now you don't have to hold it" haha. I've done it a few times and always an entertaining reaction.

5. SVA_Concrete

SVA_Concrete LawnSite Senior Member

ok, don't get your panties in a wad.

just curious, it must be a geographical thing, every building slab down here has either 6 or 10 mil poly under the slab. but i suppose our elevation has something to do with that. and we have more of a problem with ground water.

6. 2low4NH

2low4NH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NH

We almost never have poly under our slabs here. some do it some dont.

7. tthomass

from N. VA

Just a little sarcasm :)

8. merrimacmill

merrimacmill LawnSite Senior Member

How have you found the fuel usage to be in the loaded box trucks with the 6.0? I have two trucks with a 6.0, one is a 1 ton dump and the other is a service truck and they both seem to just suck down the fuel real bad. I've been looking for a better alternative for the mowing crew rather than my 1 ton gasser hauling around an 18' enclosed trailer. That uses about $100 a day or more in fuel.

9. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i pull a 20' trailer loaded to the gills with two riders a stander and a walk behind, hand tools, hedge trimmers, 6 whips you get the idea. The tow rig is a 08 duramax and we burn less then 40 bucks in truck fuel per day. Granted we arnt driving a 60 mile route every day but i use to burn a full tank of gas every day in the dodge.

I wont be buying another gas engine if that means anything to ya

10. newjerseylandscaping

newjerseylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

After 3 days of on and off reading i finnally fineshed reading this. Looks like you have built your self a nice company and just like proturf are insperational to us newbies.