RWF, Inc.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by tthomass, Aug 27, 2007.

1. SVA_Concrete

SVA_Concrete LawnSite Senior Member

p-oh-tato---p-ah-tato

moisture -- water..

we have started using a waterproofing ad-mix that is remarkable i had a few pits/slabs to construct 10 foot below grade in an area with a 3 foot water table--not a single damp spot in the concrete.

http://www.xypex.com/products/img/c1000.pdf

2. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Tune #1 is 40hp...........tune #4 is 105hp. The Allison etc can handle another 100hp but beyond that you are asking for trouble.

3. SVA_Concrete

SVA_Concrete LawnSite Senior Member

thank you for this reference.... they have very good pricing it seems. i have been looking (lazily) to put a smarties tuner on my truck, this is the best price i have seen.

4. OutdoorCreations

OutdoorCreations LawnSite Member

I do a lot of around town driving and when the truck goes into the regen cycle it sucks. I think that I am going to delete the DPF. A buddy's family are dairy farmers and they won't buy the new diesel trucks because of the regen cycles. The exhaust gets so hot that it start a fire in the hay fields.

5. tthomass

from N. VA

Just remove the exhaust and run a 4" from the downpipe back. You'll need a programmer or tune too.

6. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

Does your truck sound a lot diffrent than a stco truck? I'm thinking about doing it to mine. I all ready have the edge with juice.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Y'all have way too much money!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. OutdoorCreations

OutdoorCreations LawnSite Member

My buddy's f350 is straight piped and it sounds like jet. He deleted his emmisions stuff right after he bought his truck.

9. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Being these are work trucks and are subject to DOT inspections......be careful deleting / removing the emissions components. Removing the emissions components even on a passanger car is a federal offense :)

(I have a vehicle with no emissions components too)

Also, if it changes any computer codes, when you get emissions inspected - it may show up when they plug the thing in. I had some emissions related codes pop up on my little gas pick up. When I went to get it emissions tested, it failed on the spot. I called my buddy who's a GM mechanic, and he said "yeah i'll have to reset it and you'll have to drive it a few cycles before you go back because the computer will tell them that it was just reset". I didnt realize they could be aware of all that!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  10. tthomass

from N. VA

I'm just not married haha.

Diesels don't have emissions. By definition, ANYTHING (period) done to a vehicle in the great state of VA is illegal but obviously not enforced as such.

Yes, an exhaust will change the sound a lot. It's not obnoxious like loud pipes but you will hear a lot more turbo.