RWF, Inc.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by tthomass, Aug 27, 2007.

1. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

We accept both credit card and check. In 2013 they can pay online if they choose.

Depends on the customer as to how they are billed. If they are just doing mowing and fertilization we bill each month for the services that month. If they are full maintenance we will divide the total cost of service into 10 even monthly payments.

2. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

What was your big advertising sercret to again so many lawns so fast?

3. tthomass

from N. VA

If you build it they will come........

Brand yourself. Logo your trucks (professionally), have a uniform (we just have shirts), hire good people, do what you say you're going to do, meet the neighbors, ask for referrals, be nice........it all comes full circle. I've advertised in various things but I can tell you nothing touches my sentence before this one.

4. tthomass

from N. VA

Little job we did last year. I don't think I posted these before but the site actually let me load some pictures this time.

IMAG1730.jpg

IMAG1732.jpg

IMAG1734.jpg

IMAG1736.jpg

IMAG1733.jpg

5. Gilmore.Landscaping

Gilmore.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Are those stones down to the door just on a slope? Whats the deal with that...seems like a major hazard!!

6. tthomass

from N. VA

Existing drain by the door that pipes out to a creek in the back and yes it is pitched. They did not want a step because they bring their push mower in and out. Also, they are very avid bikers and wanted that for their bikes too.

7. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont see a huge problem with the stones slopping into the threshold. I did a driveway with probably a 10% slope going directly at the garage doors.

What about snow buildup against the door?

8. stang2244

stang2244 LawnSite Senior Member

Hopefully you didn't already answer this but what do you do with employees during the winter months? I have about a 3-4 month gap when the only work to be done is snow. I have 5 guys in the summer but always have trouble with the cold months. The shop can only be cleaned/organized so many times. Any ideas or input? I want to maintain consistancy with my employees so I am not starting over in the spring each year. Thanks in advance.

9. tthomass

from N. VA

I've got five guys I want to keep through winter and I basically have to save for it. It's an expense. We're going to do an addition on the shop ourselves, I've got projects around my property and there's work to be done on equipment. We could take them to properties and address concerns etc, do some training. I'm going to hopefully take them snow tubing and check out the MANTS show or something. Demo some mowers, get some feedback, arrange and equip trucks, review time sheets and procedures that are friendly for them and for us in the office. These aren't things that are going to generate income in the off season. We do a lot of snow removal but that requires it to snow (last winter was not good). They will make a higher wage plowing and then we'll have a couple days of cleaning afterwards so a small storm can give us a week of "hours". My maintenance guys have been doing landscape installs but this week we will be coming to a crawl and I will unfortunately have to layoff two guys. Thats the part I hate most but I simply can't support everyone 365 days a year. It's also up to the employee to acknowledge winter and slow times are coming, it's not a surprise, and prepare for it as best they can. Some of the guys already have other jobs and those that we will say goodbye to will have to find something to do until we can offer them a job again in two months. Heck, one of my foreman is a DJ on the weekends.

10. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

No, it's not an "expense". It's an investment.

Posted via Mobile Device