RWF, Inc.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by tthomass, Aug 27, 2007.

1. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

It's amazing what you can see when you sit down and break the numbers down. And even if we exceed 40 hrs and pay overtime in 4 days - we're still saving money.

2. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

so in switching to the 4 day work week does you crew automatically assume if it rains on a Weds that they'll be making the time up on Friday?

3. Dountman

Dountman LawnSite Member
    from MA

Air brakes is not an endorsement, it is a restriction.

4. Duffster

Duffster LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

Hmmmm. Thought I already said that.:confused:

5. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

That will be the rule. It gives us a buffer to stay on schedule and also a day to perform if we really need to do a 5 day week. Reduce to 4, hire more crews and run things not so wide open. It will allow all of us, crews and office, to relax a little.

6. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

Wow, just finished up the whole thread..... What a ride! What an education! I have been in the industry for over 15 years but I just started my own company this past year. Reading your thread has been really beneficial for me and quite frankly, any aspiring business owner out there who is not reading your thread, Jarod's thread, Pro's thread, is blowing it. I just have to say that seeing how you have adapted, persevered, and grown is truly inspirational.

7. tthomass

from N. VA

Well thank you Armsden&Son. We've had our ups and downs and certainly have our own issues but it's been a fun ride and we're making it happen.

At the moment we're working on our processes in the office to better ourselves for next year, identifying other issues w/ corrections and working on equipment. Now if it would just warm up a little between snow storms so our guys can get some hours......

The fun stuff: International went in for paint, SNG is shipping in a week, plow/spreader arrive this week and we should have it on the road by the 2nd week of January (closed between the holidays). Also picking up two more box trucks and assembling them. Get your tax deductions while you can!

8. tthomass

from N. VA

It's blue now, hoist is here and about to get mounted + plow, boxes, fenders, logo etc......

1.jpg

9. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I sent you a pm sir

10. etwman

etwman LawnSite Bronze Member

I taught Mr. Todd everything he knows......:):):). He's a special guy!