1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

RWF, Inc.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by tthomass, Aug 27, 2007.

1. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

Couldn't agree more man. So many people can't even afford to have an LCO at their place to begin with. Its just so hard for me cause I'm too young to own a truck but I'm gettin one this fall so it's all good. You'll see some awesome hardscape pics posted by me next year.

What do you mean by this? I thought it was the other way around. Being "penny wise, dollar dumb" is what I've heard is bad.

2. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Meaning, all the regular day expenses etc can really add up.

Say you debate a $100 pair of shoes and think hard on it yet you buy $5 of soda/snacks every day and think nothing of it. Based on just a 20 day work month, you just hit your $100 without the hard thinking.

3. fitzg2md

fitzg2md LawnSite Member

tthomass-

what part of northern va do you work in mainly? Im not in the area any longer, but I grew up there. I am about your age, but living a bit south now. Nice looking work by the way.

4. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Hey i spend 10 bucks a day on breakfast/lunch!!!!!

5. tthomass

from N. VA

I'm located in Ashburn, VA. Where did you move south.....in VA? I'm from Danville and can not wait to leave this area but now I've got this dang business :) :( Stuck here for a few years, then I'm out.

Maybe I'm ******** but I hate spending money on food. Go out and get a steak, dirnk water + tip you're still spending at least $20 for 12oz......and its not nearly as good as just grilling it at home.

6. fitzg2md

fitzg2md LawnSite Member

Grew up in herndon...basically .5 miles from where route 7 hits fairfax county parkway. Parents still live there. Moved to Richmond...much slower, but not too slow. Cant beat the business and population density and people with $$$ in nova though. If you are ever down this way, send me a pm...we can grab a bite...or just grill out.:drinkup:

7. tthomass

from N. VA

sounds like a plan........what are you doing in richmond? business?

8. fitzg2md

fitzg2md LawnSite Member

yep...Moved here in the spring and am in the process of building a comapny

9. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

Ahhh, I couldn't agree more. Fire up the grill, open a few beers and relax for the evening. Going out is so limited and unenjoyable if you do it regularly. The daily little BS pocket expenses can add up fast too as you point out. People really don't realise where their money goes.

10. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Nice work!

I do question covering up the A/C unit like that though. Limiting the airflow through the condenser will compromise the efficiency of the unit and you won't get as much cooling capacity.