RWF, Inc.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by tthomass, Aug 27, 2007.

1. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

The only thing regarding landscaping about this picture is the company that sponsored the car ;)..........none the less, spent yesterday at Summit Point in WV. Lets see, lets buy a Nissan 300ZX run stock brakes and then if that fails, I don't know.......just use the car in front of you to stop???

Passed in the front straight, he came into the turn, lost breaks and got me on the inside. Yeah......idiot.

Civic 005.jpg

Civic 006.jpg

2. tthomass

from N. VA

Just finished.......I did all plants, paver driveway, gravel paths and dry lay. Builder has a mason she uses. My first real paver job with my company. Previous was a walkway we did 2yrs ago.......I think it turned out good but open to any constructive insight.

Scheffell 015.jpg

Scheffell 025.jpg

Scheffell 019.jpg

Scheffell 027.jpg

Scheffell 030.jpg

3. tthomass

from N. VA

Scheffell 034.jpg

Scheffell 036.jpg

Scheffell 038.jpg

Scheffell 039.jpg

Scheffell 041.jpg

4. tthomass

from N. VA

Scheffell 029.jpg

5. Summit L & D

Summit L & D LawnSite Senior Member

tthomass,
    Is that just pea gravel put down between the blue stone, the walkway by the grass, and the main driveway area? I really like the look, and have been tempted to use it on some of our projects. But I am concerned about it tracking. I really wish that we had a more readily available source for blue stone here in south texas, it is such a beautiful product.

6. tthomass

from N. VA

The walkways are what is called Honey Dust. The driveway is tar and chip. The color is about the same as pea gravel but its a crushed product much like 21A/CR16.

For the walkways there is a 4" base of 21A/CR16 under it and 3/16" steal edging bordering it.

7. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

So is it paved then the stone is pressed into the surface? I've never seen this before.

8. 5.0

5.0 LawnSite Member

Man you do some nice work. What did you use to cut the coping around the pond or is it poured?

9. tthomass

from N. VA

That was all special order. I did not do the masonry....the builder used her mason. We just got setup with them and hope to get into the masonry with them too. As for stone, I did the pathways and the dry lay stuff including the pavers.

The driveway is asphault and then the next day they put down tar and press the chip in, then topdress it.

10. tthomass

from N. VA

Hope everybody is getting through summer well. We've been doing plantings and recently an interesting grading job that I'll post pictures of later. The back yard was something like 120' from the house to property line, 30' in elevation change and not one retaining wall was used. T190 earned its keep once again working on that slope. We're about to start a 1500ish SF black slate patio (wet) w/ fireplace......all vertical work is going to be granite + boulders and plants etc. Slowed down a little and then everything fell into place........looking forward to a strong fall to finish the year.