RWF, Inc.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by tthomass, Aug 27, 2007.

1. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Something buddy of mine put together. His car was down and I let him run mine also. The 4th picture ^^^^^ is called the uphill "S's". Notice how fast we catch the Mazda on the S's at about 110mph. Its a lot of fun, the car is just whipping around going up the hill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXb1CFdkxm4

2. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

why does that white car have a passanger in it? That little thing needs a co-pilot??

3. tthomass

from N. VA

depending on experience and class you will have an instructor in the car until they sign you off for the class........each time you move up a class you have an instrtuctor until they sign you off to run solo which is particularily nice if your instructor is 200lbs........hurts your handling/braking/acceleration

4. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

sweet video todd, what happened to the convertible mustang that went into the grass?

5. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

A friend calls these guys wine and cheese racers !

6. McKeeLand

wine and cheese?

7. tthomass

from N. VA

Call it what he wants.......my brother had Corvette owners in his class shaking his hand and commenting how he was tearing them up. They pull us in the straights but we kill them in the turns.......feels so good haha. Suspension is solid and we jsut upgraded the brakes to 4 piston aluminum Willwood kit with 1" larger rotor. Only thing that fits between the caliper and wheel now is a piece of paper.

The convertible was actually a Miata. That guy was smart as most people go off right there and shoot back across the track and into the tirewall..........dangerous spot. He saw he wasn't going to make it and kept the car straight.

My buddy took my car off track. End of the front straight he pushed the braking zone too far, saw he wasn't going to make the turn, hit the brakes, kept it straight and went out into the grass.

I went 2 wheels off and somewhat spun in a turn. Carried a cone around the track with me under the car......oops.

8. McKeeLand

i have yet to take my vw on the track. i want to take some lessons with an instructor first. they just built that new motor sports park like 20mins from my house in Millville.

9. tthomass

from N. VA

Thats a nice track. We may run there next season. The pictures I have are from VIR and the earlier pictures are from Summit Point where someone hit me. :mad:

10. Foz

Foz LawnSite Member

Todd;

What class racing is that? I have a friend from bach home that races SCCA...you can have a lot of fun just racing for a trophy (or sometimes a third place coffee mug, LOL). Looks like you guys had a good time.