RWF, Inc.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by tthomass, Aug 27, 2007.

1. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

I hear ya Jason!

Hell, you're not even supposed to be at here at Lawnsite dot com! Just wait till the moderator of another site starts sending you harrassing e-mails every saturday morning :drinkup:

2. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

lol, Andrew. it takes at least two sites to find anything worth talking about.

3. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

The wall/staircase is covered in leaves and hope to get pictures this week. This was our most recent project and should get final pictures tomorrow. Its not flagstone but similar to sandstone (tan) but lots of texture/character. Used the T190 to remove the concrete and excavate in a straight pass.....doesn't get much easier.

DSC04193.jpg

DSC04204.jpg

DSC04207.jpg

4. Summit L & D

Summit L & D LawnSite Senior Member

Todd, what are you using to frame your concrete? I'm running out of options for good flexible framing, nothing seems to work....without looking like a Lays potato chip.

5. tthomass

from N. VA

This is just thin, cheap Lunon* (Loo-on)........can't spell that one. I think its $10 for a 4x8 and I rip it with a skill saw.

I use concrete pins and screws to secure. Also, wet the wood on both sides and it bends easier.

6. Summit L & D

How are you securing it with screws if you're using steel pins? I've always had to wire tie it to the pins...

7. tthomass

from N. VA

They are "concrete pins".......they have holes up and down them for screws to go through....not solid and not rebar.

8. Foz

Foz LawnSite Member

1/4" Lauan plywood.....otherwise called 1/4" Mahogany.....used generally as an underlayment for vinyl flooring. Works well.

9. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

if you want a more durable/re-usable flexible concrete from invest in some 3.5"x3/4" plastic trim board from home depot or similar. the initial investment is a little more, but they will last next to forever. they are more ridged and require less staked, natural form release.

32 Hartford 019.jpg

10. Summit L & D

Bingo! This sounds what I'm looking for. I've tried the 1/4" mahogany, and hate it. I'll try and get my hands on the plastic trim board.