Lawn Care Forum banner

RWF, Inc.

746K views 2K replies 200 participants last post by  Shorelandscaper 
#1 ·
Here's a recent redo for you. Good customers of mine that I know. They bought the house this winter and you can see how nice and 'mulchy' the backyard is....not very user friendly.

Plant Property Plant community Tree Natural landscape

Plant Building Window Property Tree

See less See more
#1,302 ·
30x40 w/ 16' ceiling and truss roof. Single walkout door on the side and a 12x14' door. Electric is in the process and I don't know yet. It will be 7 weeks by the time the permits are done and everything hooked up. I'll have an electrician hang the box and prep for the electric company to put up their meter and then we'll probably wire the shop ourselves.

I used Pioneer Pole Buildings out of PA. Fast and did a good job.

#1,305 ·
Actually no I don't. Hopefully I'll get some later this year.
Thanks that will be awesome they probably look amazing. did u install any lights in them?

How did the linear work for you did you use the termination bar they suggest with lap cement or did you just use the silicon. I am going to be building a waterfall into a pool within the next month depending on weather and was wondering how it worked out for u

PS Your company is amazing you do great work!!

#1,306 ·
Thanks for the compliment.

The waterfall was a bit of a paint using a liner vs formed concrete. I don't recall but want to say silicone was used. We reset the bolders at the base and reworked the liner.

I do not know about the lights. We were there to do the falls and that is all.

#1,310 ·
Maintenance.

I'm still fighting it but we'll see. I may have to do something later to add blue but for now I'm trying it and only on the mowing trucks. Production is very much still all blue. These trucks are really billboards more than anything. Like I said......fighting it but trying it.

#1,312 ·
What's the blue van behind that one? So you think you're going to be getting 200+ accounts this year? Seems a little high lol
Posted via Mobile Device

#1,317 ·
I know who you are you started with a white chevy when you were in college. Good luck getting that amount of clients this year...you're goin to need a really good saleman and he better be able to deal well with the customers....but you probably know all that.

Also maintenance isn't like hardscape/landscape people are always botching about little crap. You're going to need a dedicated guy to manage it all.
Posted via Mobile Device

#1,318 · (Edited)
I know who you are you started with a white chevy when you were in college. Good luck getting that amount of clients this year...you're goin to need a really good saleman and he better be able to deal well with the customers....but you probably know all that.

Also maintenance isn't like hardscape/landscape people are always botching about little crap. You're going to need a dedicated guy to manage it all.
Posted via Mobile Device
Actually that is incorrect. I went to college, graduated, worked for about 2yrs specifically with high-end residential and then got the Chevy and started my business.

I appreciate the insight but everything is already in order to handle it. Even in a teared effect based on volume. Some call that planning. Maybe I will, maybe I won't but guess what..........I'm trying.

I have no interest in becoming something like TruGreen but look at them. If they did like a lot of people and listened to those saying "you can't" then they would not have. Business is risk and I'm not afraid. I'm also smart enough to position my business to pursue this safely.

BTW, my last boss told me I couldn't too.

#1,320 ·
How many accounts are you running currently? I could be wrong but don't you have a brother or a cousin allready set up who is taking care of that side of the business? I remember you saying you just email over the route and notes and its all on them.
Posted via Mobile Device
Not quite. More to it than that.

We had 90 last year and 25 before that. I've got several people involved with different things. There is also an out of area sister company that had 50 customers last year, first year. We've got our hands in more than one basket and pushing straight ahead. Also, had a custom program built from the code up to manage accounts the way we want them done.

#1,326 ·
Biz is a bit of a roller coaster this year. Maintenance is running and design/build has consisted much more of plantings, sod and Bobcat work. Good jobs and steady/profitable but nothing to get excited about. Spring came late for us and you could say the second wave of leads came in the past week. Several stone/paver jobs in the works so we shall see. Looked at another paver driveway today.....I'd guess up to 6k sf.

Hope all is well with everyone, gtg.