RWF, Inc.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by tthomass, Aug 27, 2007.

1. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

I think the seating walls/pillars are out of scale. They are way to small. I also don't understand having the patio 6" above grade. By having that drop off you loose valuable space on the patio. I would of just graded up to the patio.

2. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Ideally this patio would have been about 20% larger but this is the tightest budget I had ever had to work with. The wife wanted the step down as she had someones brochure that had it that way. The seating walls are restricted to the circle which was restricted by their budget. Its a very cut and dry job really as I just didn't have room to be very creative.

Yes, acid is applied directly over the entire patio.......wet it first with water, pour acid, brush it and rinse.

3. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Once the lanterns go in on top of the pillars, and some nice, textured and layered plantings - it'll eally look fantastic!

4. tthomass

from N. VA

Lanterns actually are being hooked up this week by an electrician. I'm working on them for a landscape design but that will most likely be spring. That color patio needs a lot of greenery around it. Very bright with the sun!

They're really nice people too. Their kids would sit on the stoop and watch us set stone while we joked around with them.

5. coolluv

coolluv LawnSite Gold Member
    from Atlanta

What software if any do you use for your designs? Also are the steps poured in place at the same time you poured the patio? Were the seat walls made from block and were they put in place before or after you poured the patio?

Just curious, Dave...

6. tthomass

from N. VA

There is a 24-30" footer under the steps. They were then built out of block and covered with stone.

The walls also have a 24-30" footer and the block was then set on top. Soil rough graded and then veneered with stone. The walls were built (block) prior to the pour.

3500 psi concrete was used too. Most use 3000 psi but for only $4 per yard more, cheap for more strength.

7. tthomass

from N. VA

My designs are drawn by hand. I plan to purchase Pro Landscape for my software this spring as I have found it to be the easiest. All I want is the CAD, not the 3D imaging crap, and then I'll color it in myself.

8. coolluv

coolluv LawnSite Gold Member
    from Atlanta

Thanks for your response. What does the upper step sit on?

Dave...

9. tthomass

from N. VA

I'm not sure what you're asking. The steps are built out of block, then poured solid with concrete.

10. tthomass

from N. VA

Current job site. Block wall we're building to veneer with stone. Its only going to be about 24" tall as they only want to lessen the slope. I think they may end up going for a little more once we start setting block.

I got a little greedy with the bucket and the excavator pivoted on me. You can get out of just about anything with a bucket on a machine though.

Picture 005.jpg

Picture 017.jpg

Picture 015.jpg

Picture 008.jpg