RWF, Inc.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by tthomass, Aug 27, 2007.

1. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

How tall is this wall todd?

2. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

2' above grade, probably will end up 3' with change order

3. tthomass

from N. VA

Footer ready to go.......8-10" of concrete, with fiber, rebar and 3500 psi vs 3000

Picture 018.jpg

Picture 019.jpg

4. Duffster

Duffster LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

Went all out on that one eh?

5. tthomass

from N. VA

I used to do 3000 psi up until two jobs ago. I was always taught 3000 is all you need and its what everybody uses really but I look at an extra $4 per yard as very cheap insurance. I also always use fiber ($10 per yard). This footer was only 3 1/4 yards so the additional expense is pretty much nothing and I know my footer is very solid. We'll have another pour here for the second patio and that too will get 3500.

6. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

How long before you start setting stone?

7. tthomass

from N. VA

Stone will go up Friday or Monday. I may have to cut off early Friday to go pick up something. Stone is just PA fieldstone, 1/2"ish joint + blue stone cap so nothing fancy. I'm pushing my guys on vertical work as the flat work is where it needs to be. I'm working on pulling myself out of the field here and there to take care of other things. Guy #1 is good with doing flat work, not so much on vertical and doesn't like it. Guy #2 has the interest but no the experience. The idea is that in the future I may be there to dig and pour concrete, then leave and let them take care of the flat and vertical work. Should it not catch on quick, I'll be hiring a mason in the spring as I can't do this anymore myself and remain productive with the job and the business. *Crossing fingers* Here's pics from today:

Picture 021.jpg

Picture 023.jpg

Picture 024.jpg

Picture 026.jpg

Picture 027.jpg

8. tthomass

from N. VA

Between the walls will be PA boulder steppers coming down the hill and patio #2 where the Bobcat is sitting. The small wall is not complete..........we ran short (2) block which were broken on site haha. There's always tomorrow I guess.....

Grade comes up so (3) courses of block are above grade.

9. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Oh my, I hope your washing the mortar off the front of the 190.. :cry:

10. tthomass

from N. VA

Thats from a very late concrete pour......not too happy with that company. Anyway, somehow it was overlooked getting off the Bobcat. It already had some on there and paint just not looking its best anyway because we actually use the machine.....winter project is grinding and painting the Bobcat for a nice face lift. Other than that on the front, the machine is kept clean and very well maintained.

**Something to note. Anyone thinking of using PA field stone for a veneer that hasn't, keep in mind the stone comes very dirty and needs washing off which means more time. I prefer other stones but its the cheapest and sometimes just comes down to using it to meet a budget.