RWF, Inc.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by tthomass, Aug 27, 2007.

1. coolluv

coolluv LawnSite Gold Member
    from Atlanta

Keep the pics coming I enjoy seeing how you do things. Nice work.

Dave...

2. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Nothing much to post........busy running around so didn't really do much picture taking. Here's a couple though:

We dug out for patio #2 and pouring concrete tomorrow. Then its time for stone on Monday. I ended up opting for a more expensive stone, at my choice, but I think its going to be a lot easier to work with.

Picture 028.jpg

Picture 029.jpg

3. tthomass

from N. VA

99% there........

Picture 009.jpg

Picture 010.jpg

Picture 011.jpg

4. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

Now I know where all the good stone goes. Our "Blue" isn't as flat and consistant looking. Very nice look.

5. Bru75

Bru75 LawnSite Senior Member

The flagstone looks good!
    Have you ever had any problem with the short cure time of your concrete base? I've always heard to wait a week between pouring concrete and laying stone.

6. tthomass

from N. VA

Thanks!

Ever piece of the irregular stone is cut to fit. Take patience for sure to make it look nice. We had just finished acid washing or else I'd have dry pictures.

No, no issues with concrete. I wait till the next day to lay.

7. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

the wall's drainage chimney needs to be wrapped in fabric, to keep sediment from intermixing with the aggregate. always, always, always use fabric. Not theory, I've seen 1st hand results of what happens when fabric isn't used :)

8. tthomass

from N. VA

I understand and keep getting mixed feedback on the fabric from those I speak with here. You can't even buy it locally from suppliers........I guess we're split on it here, I don't know. I've been to seminars that go both ways and don't offer any direct answers. "Well if you have this kind of soil or you have this kind of situation blah blah blah."

9. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

I've heard the samething with perf drainpipe. "Don't use sock pipe" but the engineers spec wrapped pipe.:confused:

10. Shadetree Ltd

Shadetree Ltd LawnSite Senior Member

I have seen more failed french drains that have fabric silted up than just aggregate. Site conditions, soil type, sub soil type, water volume, water velocity and fabric type should be evaluated for every drainage system.