1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

RWF, Inc.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by tthomass, Aug 27, 2007.

1. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Left early this morning for a 500 mile towing adventure today up to PA and back. The truck got 10mpg on the way up pulling the 3,700lb trailer you see. On the way back it got 8mpg with probably a 2,500lb dumpster. My patience is gone, its getting chipped etc soon. Yes, I was doing 65-75mph on the open road but still, thats sad. Just the truck on highway, at those speeds, I get 17-18 and 15 around town.

Picture 008.jpg

Picture 006.jpg

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i take it you bought that used? what did you get it for ($)?

3. tthomass

from N. VA

yup........less than $10k :)

4. P.Services

lets narrow it down.... <$10,000 and >$1,000 ?

5. tthomass

from N. VA

Jarod, I actually considered keeping this one black for the heck of it but it needs fresh paint and some rust to take care of.

This makes 3 bodies. They will be stripped and painted this winter. Then they're all getting prettied up with images, text etc saying to hire us.

6. tthomass

from N. VA

Hey you're getting close!

**Anybody looking at Walter's (waltero) stuff, I and others can vouch for him. As they say on ebay A+++++ seller.

7. waltero

waltero LawnSite Member

I appriciate your feedback, glad that you are happy with your purchase.

8. etwman

etwman LawnSite Bronze Member

Actually what you should have done was leave it here and have me take it three miles up the road to the powder coater. We have 7 bodies now, 2 of them are powder coated and there is a distinct difference. They should last quite a bit longer. I think I had the last body sandblasted and powder coated for less than $1k.

If you can find a source down there to powder coat it you'll be alot better off. I believe starting last year all the bodies from SNG are now coming through powder coated.

9. tthomass

from N. VA

How do our pretty stickers do with powder? Its not a smooth surface correct?

The plan is to strip them, spray a urethane based primer and then spray it will an auto paint gun. I haven't checked locally for powder though, we'll see.

First priority is getting the dang shop built. On one hand I "need" to sell more work to close out the year and on the other I "want" to get started on the shop. Then again, I "want" a hotrod but "need" to pay my expenses........dang it.

10. P.Services

you just have to out those "wants" right out of your mind and turn them into "somedays". "someday i will have that sweet car". Right now just funnel all that money back into the biz so you can grow leaps and bounds while your young, then when then $$ is rolling in later in life you can have those "wants".

thats what i tell myself everyday anyways.