RWF, Inc.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by tthomass, Aug 27, 2007.

1. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Random pictures........

Picture 012.jpg

Picture 033.jpg

Picture 020.jpg

Picture 013.jpg

2. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry TThomass, I'm too busy looking at Destany's pretty toes to in her wall problem thread to comment..........

3. tthomass

from N. VA

Techo 'Olympia' -Sandlewood

Geo fabric......yup

21A/CR16......yup

Vibratory roller.........yup

We did all of our own hauling of asphalt and soil from this job with the two trucks. Soil was about 120-140 yards and taken just a few minutes down the road.

4. tthomass

from N. VA

haha, perv

5. DVS Hardscaper

Looks pretty good so far. But the sod cutter cracks me up! What the... LOL

The roller is smaller than we use for vehicular use. And you could save 30-50% if you'd take my advice and open you eyes and quit renting from that over-priced RU :)

What style are the pavers, and how much did you pay per SF? Feel free to PM me the cost if you don't wanna state publically. For that quantity, regardless of the direct ship, they should have been nicely discounted.

The dump trucks in Northern VA crack me up. They're always filthy! LOL - the driver didn't even bother to roll the tarp up!

6. tthomass

from N. VA

Yeah the sod cutter was from another job and just along for the ride that day.

Sometimes we get clean trucks, a lot of times we don't. Whoever is next in line at the quarry gets the load. $19.50 per ton for the 21A delivered I believe is the price I got.

7. DVS Hardscaper

Some food for thought:

We use a private hauler (my neighbor, he has 3 Petes).

I used to buy through the quarry until one day one of the drivers said "hey, here's my number when you need gravel call me and you'll save money from the quarry's delivery mark up". So he gave me a set price for gravel delivered anywhere in our primary county, whereas most quarries have zones set up for delivery pricing. I pay $16 per ton delivered.

If you by chance get into more paver work - you otta try to find a reliable private hauler, in hope of getting a lower price.

8. tthomass

from N. VA

I've spoken with a few guys who did just that. The savings was next to nothing. The reliability I wasn't confident in either, in some cases.

$400 loads I've been told before........okay, today's tickets range from $380-$420 haha. $350 a load I say is good and thats $17.50 ton. I'll keep looking, I just don't have large demands at the moment.

9. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

$1.50 a ton is what the quarry sells it for the rest is all trucking. At least in michigan that's what it goes for. Makes ya kinda sick.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. tthomass

from N. VA

Thats crazy. Back home a local quarry was I think $4.50 a ton but I was also 10yrs old riding shotgun with my Dad back then. Cheapest I've seen is about $14-15 ton?? But that is picked up and 6 ton is all I move.