1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

RWF, Inc.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by tthomass, Aug 27, 2007.

1. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah buck and a half after they blast it, pick it up, sort threw it, run it in a million dollar crusher, then stack it. All for a $1.50 !!!! But if you want that exact same stone just after they blast it to make a wall out of they want $35 a ton. Suck mine.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Looks Good!!!!!!
  3. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

It's around $11 / ton here in MD picked up.

4. JerseyGreen

JerseyGreen LawnSite Member

you do some great work
  5. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

I get base for 7 a ton.

Job looks good so far. Next time fold up the textile so it covers the sides of the excavation.
  6. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Never heard of that. Is it for purpose of acting as some sort of filter fabric?? I don't see its function on the sides vs the obvious bottom.
  7. tthomass

from N. VA

Thanks ya'll. Yup, "ya'll".......I'm still southern even though I'm in the very opinionated northern VA.

I'll load more pics. The base is in, all 220ish tons. Monday we'll start the pavers and should have that completed Wednesday in time to do the detail work.......irrigation repair, soil, sod etc......
  8. flairland

flairland LawnSite Senior Member

Work looks good as always tthomas. Might have missed this, but did you get another t190? I thought you painted yours blue..
  9. tthomass

from N. VA

HA! I wondered if someone would catch that. No, I didn't get another Bobcat and no, that isn't my machine. The front idler wheel blew its bearings last weekend right before I was going to head to this job on Monday and I'm borrowing this one from a friend of mine. Mine was repaired today but I'll probably keep this one on site. Its an '05 with 270hrs + 20hrs I've added this week and mine is an '04 with just over 1,200 hrs.

Those who are buying parts, you don't have to buy brand name. The dealer wanted $767 for the part alone. I called another dealer and they were the same price but he then said "we've got the off brand too". The off brand was $400 and after shipping etc was $450. Labor will be next to nothing as I took the Bobcat to another landscape contractor I know and one of his shop guys took care of it for me.
  10. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

TThomas maybe it keeps the agergate from going into the side of the excavation.