RWF, Inc.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by tthomass, Aug 27, 2007.

1. CertPro

CertPro LawnSite Member

Everybody has good jobs and bad jobs. I didn't bash him, in fact I said that it wasn't up to his standard of work and i merely pointed out something that was very obvious.
    LBF - "my work" your way outta the loop dude. I don't install anymore just design.

2. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Interesting. Savage, uh, I mean Certpro previously stated he is a one man show. Now, admidst a recession, there's "guys" in the picture, and now he only designs"!!!

For the love of a Spayd's lawn spreader, good golly it's hard to keep track of all this!!!!

I did look at Tthomass's photo, and in my opinion, I think the wall looks fine. That wall doesn't have a corner persay(sp), it has *ends*. I think we would have done the same.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  3. MulchMan88

MulchMan88 LawnSite Member

good stuff tthomass. went through this whole thread. im in the NRV now going to radford, and i start at tech in the spring in the HORT program. been in this industry going on 6 years. had a small biz in richmond for awhile, and now work for Valley landscaping. im sure when you were at tech you saw the blue trucks riding around, we do most of cbburg, and blacksburg.

4. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

The owner of Valley went through the same program as I did. I was in AG Tech but it sounds like you're pursuing differently. Radford.........ah yes, I've had a few good times there at BT's, Riley's, Sharky's......

How's Valley holding up? Been to Frank's house?

5. MulchMan88

Unfortunately no. I was on a detail crew, only mowing a couple times. I've been by his place though doing detail visits. I did greenburgs house, and the baseball coaches house.

yea todds a good guy. Seems like a really good business man and knows what hes doing in the industry. We've lost a lot of contracts because the mowers arnt doing their jobs. Have had some employee issues as well. I stopped working now because im in school, but i keep in touch with all of them and the managers. plan to do some snow removal and get back with them in the spring. they are starting to lay people off now.

6. tthomass

from N. VA

Thats tough. Snow removal should be good there, more so then here. Are doing 4yr Hort?

My brother still lives in B'burg. Maybe we can grab a beer next time I'm down.

7. MulchMan88

yea i think so. id like to get out sooner so i may look into the 2 year program. i havent found anything about it though.

yea man definitely like to take ya up on that. im always interested in talking to people who have their own business and learning from them because its what i hope to do when i graduate. only got 2 more home games left, you should try and make it down.

8. tthomass

from N. VA

I'll be at the NC State game. I was hoping for this Thursday too but don't think it will happen. I went to the Miami game, stood in the rain and though I had gear on, still got a nice cold that about kicked my butt.

9. Bru75

Bru75 LawnSite Senior Member

When were you there? I was there from '93 to '97. Ag undecided, Ag tech, Animal Science, and Ag tech again. Maybe we ran into each other.

10. tthomass

from N. VA

I graduated in '04. My sister in '97, brother in '99 and another brother in '08 (#16 in the family to go to VT).