Ryan aerator 19" To buy or not to buy????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by smcunningham, Mar 19, 2008.

1. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

Wondering what everyone thinks a Ryan aerator is worth. It has a briggs 4hp engine I think(it could be a 5hp engine). It cosmetically looks in good shape all pluggers are in good shape (nothing bent). I pulled on the cord a couple times and it has compression. Don't if it runs or not?? But if it does'nt I could buy a new engine or see if I can fix the old one (if its broken).
    My ? is how much do you think its worth w/ the facts I've given
    I know it comes done to how much is it worth to me....Well last year alone I spent 250$ in rental fees on the smaller 19" aerators like this one....I rent the bigger 26" more often though. What does everyone think?
    I have no other imfo avail at this time but I can take pics tomm if it would help. Oh yeah does anyone know what they retail for$

2. smcunningham

bump........

3. smcunningham

bump...........

4. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

A 19 inch aerator that doesn't run? How old? If it is in bad shape I would offer $300. Personally I rented Ryan's the first 8 years in business. When they broke, which was often, I simply took them back to the store and got another one.

5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Those ryan units have a 3.5hp Briggs on them. They sell new for around $2200 or so.

6. smcunningham

Don't know how old it is, Its at an auction and I'll be bidding on it. Its in better shape than the 5 or 6 that they have at my local rental place, except I'm unsure of the engines status.

7. smcunningham

Thanks for the imfo.