Ryan Lawnaire 5

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jimbo, Sep 17, 2003.

1. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

You'll love that machine/engine combo. Mine paid for itself first year. Pulls a great plug. Only a pain on smaller areas w/ lots of turns (engage, disengage, repeat:rolleyes: )

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I don't think Lesco copied Classen, but think the Classen units are produced them for Lesco. Anotherwards, change the color of paint and sells to them.

MATT

3. gunputt

gunputt LawnSite Member

Lesco aerators are made by Claussen.

4. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I bought a Ryan V this year, with the Briggs engine. I got a huge deal on mine, $2250, because the Ryan IV I ordered was sold to someone else. I've been using mine for about 2 weeks now, and it's a great machine. I used the IV last year, and the V really has a lot of power and pulls great plugs. And it's fast! My only complaint is that it really gives you a workout, it's almost too powerful. And it isn't great in smaller areas. But get it out in the open and the thing just hums. Great machine.

5. KerryB

KerryB LawnSite Senior Member

I have used the Ryan IV and its an awesome machine. Pulls a great plug but is hard to turn and gives you a hard workout that you will feel for several days.lol
    I used the Plugger by Rocksolid as well. Lighter machine was easier on the operator. It does however tear up the lawn in turns but nothing that is so bad as to not recommend it.
    Not sure how it will hold up in the long run but I know the Rysn is a tank, its very hard to tear one up if you keep it greased.

6. Clean Cut Lawns

Clean Cut Lawns LawnSite Member

I paid 2775 including tax for mine. I love it.
    On its 3rd. year and no probs.

7. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

I use the Plugr Pl800 -- about $2700. Pulls plugs ou of anything -- includign tree roots.

Much easier on your body then a lescos, Classen, or Ryan.

8. sodzilla

sodzilla LawnSite Member

Dealer quoted me $2800 on a lawnaire V. Found a used one,(1year old ),in great shape with the Brigg's engine for $1800.

9. dodge2003

dodge2003 LawnSite Member
    from Ct

I have an older lawnaire 5.
    I thought the gear box was low so I filled it halfway with 90 weight, now the oils is leaking everywhere.
    What should the capacity and oil type be used?

Thanks!