Ryan Lawnaire IV Price???

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by The Greenskeep, Oct 15, 2005.

1. The Greenskeep

The Greenskeep LawnSite Member

Looking at getting a Ryan Lawnaire IV - dealer asking $3000.00 new, $1400.00 used - Curious to know what you all were paying?

Is this in the ballpark price wise?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,
    The Greenskeep

2. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

If you're looking at an aerator, don't get the LA IV. I rented one a couple times, and it just about kicked my a$$. For 3 grand you should be able to get into a Plugr PL800. There was someone who ordered several too many, and was selling them here on Lawnsite for around $2600 or $2800. If you did a search I'm sure you could find it, maybe he's got some left.

3. lilslay3

lilslay3 LawnSite Member

I just purchased a B-2600 from Lesco and am very happy with it!It does a nice job & costs about $2100.

4. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I agree, do not buy that aerator! Rent one and use it on a dozen or so accounts then decide...

5. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I can't answer your question Greens..... just want to comment that I have used the LA IV and had no problems. Easy to use.. if you know how. :)

6. ronniez71

ronniez71 LawnSite Member

The plugr is the best to go with!! Go to plugr .com awsome aerator!!

7. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

We have a lesco renovater used it today simple to use and run, starts 1 pull or 2 i recommend this 1

8. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

We have several LA IV Ryan’s. We acquired them new in 1996 and 1997.The best I can remember we paid 1600 back then. The pro’s to the unit are, less moving parts then many of the cam-driven, and you can’t hardly ware them out. Replacing tynes and an occasional water drum, or chain, and you’re back rolling. In addition, if engine blows slap another on there ,and you’re plugging and back in business.

Among the negatives the Ryan is a bear for the workers to operate, operator fatigue will be high. The machine will only pull nine holes to a thousand square feet, making it necessary to do two passes for a proper aeration job.

9. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

THe machine pulls a few more holes than 9 in 1000 sq.ft. I hope.

Only a girl in a skirt (kilt) would get worn out w/ this unit. :p lol - j/k

Anyway we have said unit. Works well as stated above. It is better on lawns 10K or more as it does wear you out making turns on smaller properties. The longer th runs, the easier it is. It is a very reliable unit and good money maker. Smaller guys(under 180#'s) would probably tire more quickly w/ this unit and may wear out making turns if doing multiple small properties in a single day. (6'2" 205) - don't hurt me big guy!!

10. Bengo

Bengo LawnSite Member

The Ryan Lawnaire IV's and V's pull approx 9 plugs per sq ft which is basically the industry standard. I have several Lawnaire V's and love them. I don't have any IV's. I can get the bigger machines into 99% of the places the smaller IV and get 7.5" extra every pass which adds up bigtime over the course of a season. I purchased my last machine in the spring of 2005 and paid approx $2600( $2340 actually as I get 10 % on any purchase from a local dealer) new so $3000 sounds somewhat high for a 19" Lawnaire IV.. I feel the Ryan products are engineered and balanced well so it doesn't take a bull to handle one....just look at it as good excercise and plug on.