Ryobi blower issue

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Wayne02, Jul 5, 2004.

1. Bitter

Bitter LawnSite Member
    from Chicago

hmm i dont remember right now, its been on loan to a friend for a while. but i remember that it idled just fine. have you tried adjusting the idle speed up a little bit? the homelite i have just has carb mixture adjustment screws on it, try leaning or richening the screws a lil bit to see if that smooths it out. does the BX90 have a trigger throttle or is it like mine where it just has choke and run which are selectable by a lever? vibration could also be caused by a broken impeller blade. check in the blower casing to make sure none of the blades are broken.

2. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

mine has a throttle trigger, the vibration is just how this model is, mine is in perfect condition mechanically. theres no antivibe mount between the engine and the housing/handle which is why it vibrates so much.

3. Bitter

Bitter LawnSite Member
    from Chicago

hmm...considered wearing antivibration gloves? once the rpms climb vibrations should smooth out. the homelite i have just has the choke, 1/2 choke, and run settings on the throttle body and runs smoothly. it couldnt hurt to run a lil carb cleaner through it.

i put a little bit of Carb-o-Sol into the gas when i have a rough running engine, i run some of that with gas through there and it seems to smooth it out. its a very strong and nasty solvent used in dry cleaning. it combusts well in the engine and in 2 strokes really cleans out the inside of the engine and the carb. this is some nasty stuff tho, just use a little bit and try not to breathe the exhaust fumes from it.