Ryobi Commercial Grade....Mabe

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Fareway Lawncare, Apr 19, 2004.

1. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Won a Ryobi 1079r Commercial 4 stroke 26cc trimmer in a raffle. Engine starts first pull (used it only a week now) & runs Very smooth and Very Powerful. Nice trimmer...Very Surprised. Not much heavier than my Kaw KBL26's either. Sweet Trimmer....so far. Is there a Honda 4 stroke in there?

ryobi.jpg

2. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

from what i've learned "limited usage" from a ryobi... carbs need worked on all the time and they are very sluggish after having the carbs worked on. but since it was free, have fun.....

3. hortboy

hortboy LawnSite Member

I have three 780r ryobi trimmer / brush cutter and they all have one entire season under there belt and not a problem except for broken triggers from riding around in the truck.. ryobi is Awesome for warranty work and they ship parts fast.

4. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

That 4-stroke on your Ryobi is a Redmax engine. Redmax and Ryobi had a joint effort in the production of that 4-stroke. Check out the BCX2600S Redmax at www.redmax.com and you will find the same engine on that trimmer. I demoed one of those Ryobi commercials at the Louisville Expo a few years back and thought it ran smoother and had more power than a Honda 4-stroke I demoed earlier in the day.

5. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a ryobi two+ years i service about 30 lawns and it has run fine, im not saying that they compare to some of the other major brands but they do a pretty good job.For free cant beat that

6. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Congratulations on being the raffle winner, Fareway. The best things in life are free. (although I'm sure you had to buy at least 1 ticket)