Ryobi Model 137R String Trimmer?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by dsabjp, Apr 18, 2005.

1. dsabjp

dsabjp LawnSite Member

Perhaps someone can help. After doing much on-line research on electric string trimmers, I have developed an interest in Ryobi’s model 137R. While searching to find where to buy using the Internet, I see many locations list the model but none have this in stock. I find the 132R easily. Can anyone help me identify where I can pick one up? Has this particular model been discontinued? It still shows up on Ryobi’s web page. Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks…

2. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Ryobi=Junk
    I wouldnt get a string trimmer even if i were a homeowner. I would just get a gas crapsman.

3. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Crapsman trimmers are even worse than Ryobi's.

I bought a Ryobi 725R gas trimmer for $5 at a yard sale and used it for 2 years until my father diluted my gas and it burned up. It was a right tough little trimmer for what it was. It cut the thickest grass and brush around. The big advantage it had was that it could wind out to some very high RPM's (somewhere around 15,000 I believe) and could turn the string faster than the other trimmers I had.

After it burned up I went and bought my Stihl last summer.

4. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

I'm assuming this is a homeowner posting the question? cause why else would you want electric? I know my dad still likes electic though.

5. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Electric trimmers aren't worth 10 cents in my opinion. They just aren't strong enough, and don't last long enough to justify throwing away $70 each time.

I laughed the whole time through the Black and Decker infomercials on their new line of electric power equipment, which they claimed was superior to all gasoline powered equipment out there. ;) What a crock!