1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ryobi Rototiller

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by tamo, Feb 16, 2007.

1. tamo

tamo LawnSite Member

I got married recently and I got a Ryobi rototiller as a gift. I have a till job set up for Sunday (this is my first tiller) Anyone have any experience with ryobi products in general, and specifically their tiller? I had thought about returning the tiller to home depot to get store credit and going to my dealer and buying a good tiller. Then I thought it might be nice to use the Ryobi for as long as I can and defer the expense for awhile.

thanks, tamo
  2. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

If your mother-in-law bought it for you then you should keep it.
  3. tamo

tamo LawnSite Member

no just a friend
  4. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Ryobi = JUNK take it back and get a good one.
  5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I had a ryobi with an edger attatchment.........the edger lasted about 1 year before it snapped the cable. I think the mantis tillers are around 300-350 bux

6. ScagBoy09

ScagBoy09 LawnSite Member

I do have the expand-it tiller for my ryobi trimmer, it doesnt do too bad, but it is really hard on your back, and that's coming form a 16 year old. My grampa gave me his mantis tiller and is much easier to use, and has more power. I mean if you are just tilling up a few flower beds, it wont be bad, but it all depends on the job size.
  7. Jeds_Lawn_Care

Jeds_Lawn_Care LawnSite Senior Member

8. ScagBoy09

ScagBoy09 LawnSite Member