Ryobi trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bscill, Jun 16, 2003.

1. bscill

bscill LawnSite Member
    from KY

Does anyone know anything about the Ryobi 4-cycle trimmers? Like quality, durability, etc.. Thanks

2. FLMOWER

FLMOWER LawnSite Member

I HAD ONE BEFORE I STARTED MY BIZ AND IT HELD UP TO 2 YEARS OF HOMEOWNER USE. THERE IS AHUGE DIFFERENCE IN POWER AND QUALITY COMPARED TO MY NEW COMM. TOOLS.

GET OVER THE CAPS IM NOT SCREAMING

3. matt223

matt223 LawnSite Member

what a brick. returned mine after a couple of days. couldn't get past the weight. it also shorted out a couple of times b/c of smashed wire.

4. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

;) Get a Shindaiwa, Redmax, Echo and stay away from the howmeowner trimmers.......Marks Mowing Service

5. goodbeus

goodbeus LawnSite Senior Member

Used them 6 years ago...plenty of power, gas hogs though...the edger sucks and the clutch life was 6 months doing commercial work...

6. bscill

bscill LawnSite Member
    from KY

Thanks for all the input everyone. It really helps in my decision of a my new trimmers and edger.

7. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Shindaiwa T-230 If u r looking for a low cost GOOD trimmer. ;)

8. hunter

hunter LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

husqvarna all the way.

9. barker

barker LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

My Ryobi is now a lawn dart. It was a pig from the day I bought it (bought it before starting biz). Never again! We had good luck with Husqvarna chain saws. We have a Husqvarna blower and it seems to be as good quality as the chainsaws. We are buying a Husqvarna trimmer this week. We shall see. If not, Echo has been good to us too.

10. DieselDeere

DieselDeere LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I have a honda 4 stroke trimmer, it is much better then the ryobi!