1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

S-10 22 Foot Enclosed Trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mikeylikesit5805, Feb 5, 2009.

1. mikeylikesit5805

mikeylikesit5805 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kent OH

Alright I have no intentions on pulling a 22 foot enclosed trailer with a s-10 :hammerhead: I just wanted to see what you guys would say.:cool2: But I am looking into a 5-10~6x12 enclosed trailer for the spring. Do you guys think I would have any problems? Its got the 4.3 v6 and I don't plan on going on the highway at all. I plan on having two 36 inch walkbehinds. and the normal trimmers and blowers?

Thanks!

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

You'll be okay pulling a 6 X 12 enclosed trailer.

I truely did laugh when I read the title of the thread.

3. mikeylikesit5805

from Kent OH

Haha, That's what i was going for. What is a good price for a 6x12 enclosed with a ramp. Ive seen a few all around 1500 does that sound pretty fair?

4. Pro Edge Lawn & Landscape

Pro Edge Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Member

Sounds pretty fair to me, I paid 2200 for mine new in 07. Around here the new construction has all but stopped so many contractors are dumping everything cheap just to keep the lights on

5. dubblet125

dubblet125 LawnSite Member

im convinced long island has the highest trailer prices. i paid $3700 for my 6x12 enclosed american hauler in 2007.

6. mikeylikesit5805

from Kent OH

Wow!! you can get a 7x16 tandem axel for around the price here.

7. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

It depends on how much your putting on the trailer a walk behind and a push mower would be goos you start putting a rider also and you might have some trans problems

8. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

To me that sounds like quite a bit of weight and strain for an S-10. When I saw the title on this thread I was like wtf is this guy thinking!

9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The V-6 S-10 auto tranny is good for around a 5300 pound load. He'll be alright.

10. Smitty58

Smitty58 LawnSite Senior Member

I would be a little concerned about stopping it.