S. Florida - 20' enclosed tandem trailer

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Kate Butler, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Kate Butler

Kate Butler LawnSite Senior Member

Bear with me on this: there's a lot I don't know about this trailer. Due to a death in the family, my sister must sell her husbands' 20' enclosed tandem-axle trailer. Knowing my b-in-law as I did, it likely has brakes on both axles. It takes (again, probably) a 2-5/8 ball. I can't find a ball on the property big enough for a really tight fit (she has already sold the travel trailer with the biggest hitch ball).

It's never been lettered or decal-ed - solid white all around. The ramp deck could use some new PT - otherwise all is good. The side door is just a door and not a ramp. The interior width between wheelwells is 60".

I could dick around with y'all and play the 'negotiating' game with the price - but it's not my style. She needs $1000.00 for it. It's road worthy (possibly some light/lens issues on the tiny perimeter lights), has a spare tire & wheel, and is registered here through February of this year. It's been well maintained and will make someone a great work rig.

It's in PB County, PM me and we'll go from there.

IMG_3492.JPG

IMG_3493.JPG

IMG_3494.JPG

IMG_3498.JPG

2. fitzg2md

fitzg2md LawnSite Member

I am interested. Do you have any additional pictures? Any of the gate up? Could you confirm if it has brakes? I am in virginia. Any chance of being able to meet me half way? It wont let me PM for some reason...Thanks -Mike

3. Kate Butler

It absolutely has brakes, (it's far too large a trailer to NOT have brakes) I just don't know if one axle or both.

The back looks just like the front picture without the tongue and hitch. (It took me the better part of yesterday to take and resize those pictures.) I'll try to take another when it becomes light this morning.

I would not be able to deliver it as I am already towing a trailer on my way North in a week or so.

The system won't let new members with so few posts PM. It's some sort of anti-spam thing.

4. fitzg2md

fitzg2md LawnSite Member

I would love to take this off your hands, but florida is just too far for me. Good price. If you find any way to get it more north, Ill take it!

5. Creative Lawn Care

Creative Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Kate
    Any idea how old the trailer is? Width of rear ramp door? How far south in Fl is it?

6. buildtothesky

buildtothesky LawnSite Member

Would like to purchase the trailer but don't know how to contact you. I can get it this Sat,,please reply,,thanks

7. timchick

timchick LawnSite Member

I'm also interested in the trailer if member "buildtothesky" does not purchase it. How wide is the rear door and how tall is the rear door opening?

8. Kate Butler

Folks, so sorry to've not responded immediately. For some reason I am not receiving the email notifications regarding responses to this thread. Yes, I've checked my user instructions and all seems to be in order - nevertheless, here's the update info.

The rear ramp/door is 62"l x 72"w.

The trailer is located in Western Palm Beach county about 2 miles from Lion Country Safari.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a phone number, so you folks will have to respond here and I will check in morning and evening. Thanks, Kate

9. buildtothesky

buildtothesky LawnSite Member

Kate I would like to purchase this trailer asap,,please contact me with the details,,thanks

10. Kate Butler

Do not know exact age of trailer. My brother in law bought it in '96 and registered it in '97.

Also, the interior side to side measurement is 81" with (between the) wheelwell space of 60". Interior height is 74"