1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

S150 bobcat ?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by wellbuilt, Apr 29, 2008.

1. wellbuilt

wellbuilt LawnSite Senior Member

What do you guys think of them .I have been looking for a used skid steer but ive seen lots of junk . They seem to run around 10000 or so but the skids are looking beet up. I went to bob cat today and the guys want to sell me a new S150 for under 20500 (sounds good ) but i dont no much about the newer bobcats. Is this a fair price? I have rented a few 753s and they worked on the jobs for back filling and moving dirt around the house.I build additions and i work in small areas more often then large jobs with lots of dirt.I plant grass on all my jobs and would like to move pavers with the forks. I split the stacks .The forks are extra .
  2. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

the s150 is a great machine, much better than the 753. I had a 753 and now i got a s160
  3. wellbuilt

wellbuilt LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the reply
  4. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Personally as a bobcat fanatic. I would go with a bobcat S185. Its not much bigger the 150 and its got a lot more power. Also if your in NY, I would defently recommend getting a cab and heat for it. They are worth $150-$185 an hour when its snowing. Bobcat has 42 month 0% financing all the time.
  5. KTM

KTM LawnSite Senior Member

Don't just look at Bobcat, demo and price other brands as well. Watch out for Bobcat's "deals" that they advertise often times there just to lure you in.