S600tx

Discussion in 'Vermeer' started by JCinTx, Dec 29, 2005.

1. JCinTx

JCinTx LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Hello Jon, do you know if the Vermeer S600TX will accept the SK500 Ditch Witch attachments? I’m in the market for a mini skid Jan 06 and thought I’d have a look at Vermeer as well. There doesn’t seem to be any first hand experience from anyone on Lawnsite, or any other forums that I’ve found, in regards to the Vermeer minis, are you aware of any forums that the S600TX is being discussed by first hand users? Thanks for your assistance and have a good day!
    JC

2. Vermeer

Vermeer Inactive
    from Iowa

Hi JC,

The S600TX will accept DW SK500 attachments. In fact most of all the mini skid mfg companies have the same attachment mounting plate size other than Bobcat (which you can buy a cross over adapter for). As for posts or threads regarding the Vermeer S600tx you may want to search the various threads. Contact Chestnut Oaks on this site for his impression. There was a thread regarding the S600TX in the hardscaping group and mentioned in many other threads. The S600tx was also featured in the innovative product showcase in the December issue of Compact equipment magazine www.compactequip.com I can provide many references of current owners if you would like and have the local dealer in Texas bring one to your jobsite for a demo. That is the absolute best way to make your decision. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Regards,
    Jon

3. JCinTx

JCinTx LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Thanks Jon!, that’s what I had suspected, just wanted to make sure Vermeer wasn’t another Bobcat. I pulled up some of Chestnut Oaks posts and he does seem quite pleased with it, I’ll contact him after I complete all my research on the various makes and models. I’ve completed a search on s600tx and don’t find too many posts on it, but will try a few more queries, and I’ll also check out the compactequip.com site. Thanks again for your help!
    JC

4. Vermeer

Vermeer Inactive
    from Iowa

JC,

One of the reasons you will not see alot of posts on the S600TX is due to the fact it was introduced into the market in July/August of '05. Considerable customer input, thought and testing went into its design to address the various needs that were important to contractors.

Jon

5. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I just finished testing the s600tx, and im sold. It was unstoppable through an increadilbly muddy clay soil jobsite. We couldnt have even thought about doing any trenchwork with anything else.

Will

Wilson NC

6. JCinTx

JCinTx LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Hello Will, it’s good to hear some feedback on the s600tx! On paper it looks like a solid machine, and Vermeer has a very good name. Which engine are you going with? How was it compared to a dedicated trencher?….are sacrificing much? I myself became interested in the s600tx b/c of the diesel, but the ground pressure is quite a bit more than the other mini’s. I’ve been researching all the mini’s and am narrowing my selection down to three, then will start demoing in a few weeks. Thanks for your feedback and have a great day!
    JC

7. DerikL

DerikL LawnSite Member

I saw the 600tx at the NEGROWS show yesterday. It looks like a great machine. I will be demoing one in the near future.

8. Vermeer

Vermeer Inactive
    from Iowa

DerikL

Thanks for stopping by. I probably talked to you if you were there yesterday. If there is anything I can do to hep out let me know. Thanks Jon

9. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I tested the diesel. it had the 7" tracks. Id go for the 9", although i didnt have any problems with the 7s. the 9's would compliment the size of the machine better i feel.

10. Vermeer

Vermeer Inactive
    from Iowa

Will,

What attachments did you try out on the demo?