sacag Tiger cub owner?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowgli, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Mowgli

Mowgli LawnSite Member

Does you cub gives good stripe after cut? i don't think my cub did. My cub shown track but not define stripe. Maybe i need stripe kit? I saw some big corpporate offices around town have very good looking stripes! Do you think they use stripe kit? IF any of you have the pic of the lawn cut by your cub, i would love to see them, thanks.

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

You should not need a striping kit,scags stripe without them

3. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Someone needs to learn how to type on the computer. :)

4. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

Are you going to give him any help? It seems like you would know a bit about the striping of a scag mower.

5. EnglishLandscaping

EnglishLandscaping LawnSite Member

I have had Scag mowers since I started in this industry, the Tiger Cub is a good mower mine was a 52in deck with a 23 kawi. I had the spindle drive bagger assembly.The mower cut well but to recieve nice lines you should get the turbo baffel and if posible cut no more than an inch of grass at each cutting. I dont think that the Cub is Scags best cutting mower, if you are looking for a great cut on all diferent types of lawns try the Scag Cougar.

6. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

Didn't they stop making the Cougar? I've read alot of poor things about the Cougar on here. Anyway, as to Tiger Cub stripes, these are with my 52/23

DSC00651.JPG

DSC00650.JPG

7. ProCare Lawn Service

ProCare Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Don't get a Cougar!!! Worst purchase ever. Mine had 320 hrs. on it when I sold it and already had $1000 worth of work done to it. I think the design was so flawed that Scag stopped making them.

8. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

My cub stripes very well at about 3 inches. Sharp blades really help.I thought about getting the striping kit but for what it costs i cant see spending the money.

9. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf LawnSite Senior Member

We have been pretty disappointed with our "52 Cub so far as striping was concerened. We could not tell which way we had cut on most yards. Those that had heavy fertilizer treatments and irrigation the striping was great. So we just installed the scag striping kit about two weeks ago and are very happy with the results. All yards are now striped. Seems to be a decent mower, 465 hrs so it is still pretty new.We also dropped the baffle down a half inch to slow the grass dispersal.

10. seacoastlandscape

seacoastlandscape LawnSite Member

I origanally wasnt that impressed by the striping from my cub either especially compared to the walk behind. Although the stripping kit would be nice 300 bucks is alittle much to justify. Double cut in the same direction and it makes a world of difference.