1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

sad news about EricElm

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Esby, Mar 27, 2002.

1. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

My jaw has dropped in disbelief. We will all miss him, and all he has done for this industry. His work on this site and others has been incredible and so deeply appreciated. And his stripes, no one will ever forget his stripes, they were always picture perfect. Its just hard to believe that one day he is here, working so hard and giving so much, and the next day we can only hold him in our thoughts, prayers, and memories. To his family and friends: may God hold you close in these times of hardship and loss. Look toward tomorrow and always remember each day he touched your heart. My deepest sympathy goes out to you.

Erik Esbjornsson
    Esbjornsson Lawn Care
  2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Sad news, Eric Elm has passed away today.

Everyone should be aware that Eric Erickson (EricELM) passed away this evening at 8:10 PM. He suffered a fatal brain aneurysm. Eric had been very sick as a result of a recent heart attack that most were aware of. In keeping with Eric's unfailing giving attitude, his organs were donated so that others might benefit from his continuing generosity. Details of final arrangements will be forthcoming soon. Please pray for Eric and his family. They have lost a father and husband, we have lost a friend, and the industry has lost a giant.
  3. Rooster

Rooster LawnSite Senior Member

A true friend, teacher and helper to all was lost today!

As we go thru life, we meet all kinds of people, but very few of the people we meet are like Eric.

Eric will be missed by all who knew him or ever had contact with him.

AVRECON LawnSite Senior Member

God Bless him and his family.
    Man oh man what a loss this is to everyone. A really great guy he was. Sure learned alot from him.
    Never met the man and feel like I've known him for years.
  5. ceaman

ceaman LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Sorry to hear....

My thoughts go out to all who were close to him...
    I will miss him here.
  6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I'm in complete shock right about now. I just talked with him via IM recently. He was a good man and always very helpful.

They are never lost when you know where they are.
  7. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes very sad. I had hoped to meet him some day. God bless him and his family.

8. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Wow, I did not know him like many of you did, but yet and still, I just can not process this news. Just amazing how short life can be. I am glad to have known him as I have. Though his life was short by our standards, to think of how many people he touched, and how much he gave is a wonderful testament to this man. Blessings, and Peace to his family and dear friends.

9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

There are no words to express my disbelief and shock.

Go in peace Eric.
  10. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith LawnSite Senior Member

I just talked to him the other night. As other's have said, words can't describe our feelings. :cry:

I believe in the "pay it forward" concept. When I talked Eric into building his own first website years ago, he pounded me with questions. I answered every one of them, and did all I could to help him... I even got to the point of calling him Pop like his sons.

Eric clearly believed in the pay it forward concept as well. Hopefully others will pay it forward in his memory.

~Chuck Smith

I just wanted to add this picture of Eric.