SAD NEWS

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rebel2002, Jun 18, 2000.

1. rebel2002

rebel2002 LawnSite Member

Today i found out that a friend of a friend i NC. was trying to catch up on work to get away for 2 days...and droped dead in the heat......29 2 kids 18 months and 3..... Guys don't risk your life or your family's Dad to get an extra yard done. Take breaks and Drink Fluid... I know i don't wanna end up like him

2. TGCummings

TGCummings LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Rebel,<p>That is sad news. Let's try to take it easy out there, guys, life can be just too short...<p>My heart goes out to you, Rebel, and the family of your friend.<p>-TGC

3. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Drink enough water so that you must relieve yourself, thats the best way to know your properly hydrated, with the exception of travelling with an M.D.

4. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

SORRY TO HEAR THAT REBEL, THAT IS A REAL RISK WE ALL TAKE AND SHOULD TAKE PLENTY OF PRECAUTIONS. 29 IS A YOUNG AGE.<p>AGAIN, SORRY <p>HOMER

5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Rebel,<br>I am a lawn care professional and a firefighter/paramedic and all I can say is that we don't make the rules here on the sob. If you or I knew we were out of here tomorrow - what would you do different. Enjoy life and your family. Do your best and enjoy what you do. <p>If You have some insight on what comes the next minute you get in touch with me first and I want to see the holes in your hands and side. <p>We all have a purpose here and when the Good Lord above says its time - we cannot question. I have seen 95 year olds die as well as newborn babies and every one is not &quot;fair&quot; by our rules - but we don't make the rules. Good Luck.

6. jrblawncare

jrblawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Of all days to read this...gets you thinking!!I'am sorry and God bless.<p>----------<br>John <br>

7. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

Wow Rebel my heart goes out to you all!!!<br>29 years old is young! Sorry to hear it. Plant the most beautiful tree in his name.<br>God Bless :)<br>Travis AG&G Lawn Maintenance

8. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Rebel, sorry to hear of this sad thing. As a friend once told me when his son died, we are just here temporary, but it's still sad.<p>Eric

9. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

REBEL-<p>Sorry to hear about your friend. We all need to remember that it isn't worth it just to get one more lawn done. And to keep hydrated.<p>Sorry Again-<p>Mike<br>Greenkeepers

10. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Must have been a bad weekend for lawn guys. I found out today that a guy I know that was going to retire in Florida this fall was buried today. He is the one that got me interested in Dixie Choppers. He seemed very healthy the last time I saw him. We just never know when our time is up.