Safe but still gives you a rush

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by TPnTX, Feb 21, 2009.

1. TPnTX

TPnTX LawnSite Bronze Member

I rented this to take out some Mistletoe. You don't get used to being help up by a pole.

IMG_0829.jpg

2. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

A year ago I took down a 55 foot hackberry tree. I was originally going to use a pull behind, but opted for the fully mobile JLG man lift.

I'm like you, it still doesn't matter how safe you are, you just never get over the height issue. One bad move and it's all over with.

Tree guys have nerves of steel.

3. AOD

AOD LawnSite Senior Member

Thats the easy way! Gotta climb up there and do it that way!

4. TPnTX

TPnTX LawnSite Bronze Member

I've done my share of climbing. 22 trees on the list but most aren't as bad as that one. The thing about mistletoe is it spreads from bird poop. Birds tend to land on the outermost branches. Unless youre a bird you can't get there.

I saw one of the mobile units today and thought it might be a lot more productive since I'm pretty much going from one house to the next. The rest left to do are on the same street. Im going to check on the price but the other thing is the learning curve. Its not a hard machine to manuver but I got it down now.

The stupidest thing I did was start on my 1st day off ADHD meds. I couldnt tell if I was speeding my azz of or if my heart was racing because of the height. Maybe both. I've never claimed to be a genius.

5. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

:laugh:, probably both

6. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

i know what ya mean. I hate it when I have to scale up a 100' ladder truck. It sucks. It starts rockin back and forth and you think your gonna crash to the ground.

7. burge19

burge19 LawnSite Member

Yeah i here ya there we have a 75 footer... its awesome once you get up there tho

8. KCfireman

oh yea. You guy's have a quint?

9. KCfireman

here's what happens when you dont have propper outrigger placement!:hammerhead::dizzy:

nojacks1.jpg

10. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

You guys have bigger ba**s than I do. I couldn't do that.